au pair - parents come home late (1 Viewer)

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I'm an au pair right now and basically the parents work a 40 hour week about 8 hours every day. I'm supposed to look after the twin 1-year-old girls from 7.45-4.15 each day. Usually the parents leave at about 8 and come back at about 4.15 or 4.30. But 15 minutes isn't much so I don't really mind.

Today they came back at 5.00. I'm really annoyed. This is 45 minutes where I've been thinking they'll be back any minute. I would really like to bring up the issue and explain to them that they should at least call, but I don't know how without going into a full on attack. I guess I should also mention that I'm speaking Danish here, which makes it a little more difficult to express myself.

edit: Forgot to say I mentioned that they were almost an hour late, and the mother was like "oh, really" in the sort of disinterested non question way. It's weird because they're usually really nice. Maybe I should let it go?

Last edited:

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
If it only happened that one time, don't worry about it. Let it go. If it happens several times, just mention it to them and ask them why, or make sure you're getting paid for the extra hour.

X

xeuyrawp

No, don't let it go. However, don't make a scene about it. If they do it again, or if you think there's the possibility that it'll happen, tell them that it'd be great if you could get some warning - maybe even an sms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)