Attractive to Employment? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
damn #hsc people
lol
We're a special lot aren't we. :D

But back to topic, I'm just wondering why there is such a fascination with the asian maritime employment market whereas there are perfectly great markets in Europe and Scandinavia in particular.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ice Queen Wendy said:

But back to topic, I'm just wondering why there is such a fascination with the asian maritime employment market whereas there are perfectly great markets in Europe and Scandinavia in particular.
Yes there are great european markets, however, the european markets recently went through a stage of self worth. You just can't exploit the markets like you use to and in the consumer market relation, the consumer must now put in alot more work.

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Yes there are great european markets, however, the european markets recently went through a stage of self worth. You just can't exploit the markets like you use to and in the consumer market relation, the consumer must now put in alot more work.
With the rebuilding of European markets, I can see how that simply entering a market won't guarantee you success in maintaining growth... so from what I can see, you're saying that South East Asia is an easier market to gain entry to, when compared to Western Europe and Scandinavia. Although I acknowledge this, there is still the lure of Eastern Europe markets, in particular the maritime employment prospects of the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania). A lot has to do with the long time isolation of these markets which are now opening, as well as percieved market energy in accepting foreign investment due to currency conversion and not to mention novelty factor.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Ice Queen Wendy said:

The asian maritime employment market has a field of opportunity ! It's open to investment, has plenty of human resources for use, and investment wise, has some nice figures and trend curves.

HSC
N/A
MedNez said:
The asian maritime employment market has a field of opportunity ! It's open to investment, has plenty of human resources for use, and investment wise, has some nice figures and trend curves.
But the trend curves are nowhere near as good as Scandinavia, and their figures tend to be rather flat in comparison... sure Asian have that portability of investment and felxibility but I'd much rather a nice curve set and some larger figures to play with.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
That's a good point - however big investment curves can lead to a big recession in the future, a sag in the stock portfolio. There are generally more ups and downs on curves with less amplitude, rather than giant dips and drops like a roller coaster.

I suppose it depends where you want to put your money, blue chip investments would be good, but in the maratime market I don't think there is much room for that.

HSC
N/A
Yes, but a good investment involves evolving over time to different stocks. Diversifying into the same market but different stocks. Sure it may become volatile during that diversification, but when done well, can pay great dividends.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I think the important lesson to be learned here is that if you start off with a high financial portfolio you can continue to enter the new markets as you age, sometimes having the ability to drop a market altogether to go for a younger market which has better figures and curves.

HSC
N/A
Well I found some interesting information regarding the scandinavian growth model in regards to mostly the economic impacts on the maritime industries.

DP901 Economic Growth and the Swedish Model
http://www.cepr.org/pubs/new-dps/dplist.asp?dpno=901

and here's the attachement details to the Swedish model in particular... seems like good prospects, except for the fact the market has been over ridden by the 'Tiger' economy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)