attn: hip hop hooray, soma etc (1 Viewer)

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
hi.

i want to find some new hip hop but don't know who to look into.

i listen to: aesop rock, atmosphere, cannibal ox, common, de la soul, deltron 3030, dilated peoples, hieroglyphics, jay z, jedi mind tricks, some kanye west, mf doom, mos def, talib kweli, the roots, outkast.

can you reccomend anything i might like?

cheers.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
you put soma's name right next to hiphop's
this ain't gonna be pretty

HSC
goodie mobb, scarface, immortal technique, hush (maybe), EPMD, the pharcyde, cunninglinguists, pete rock & CL Smooth, and check out redmans first two albums (whuut thee album' and 'dare iz a darkeside') if u havent already.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
whoops already got mobb deep, and immortal tech. will check out the others though, thanks mate.

also do you know any good more soul ish stuff?

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i always subliminally write shit in alphabetical order

because i'm just crazy like that.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Espo15 said:
i always subliminally write shit in alphabetical order

because i'm just crazy like that.
if you really were "just crazy like that", you would have subliminally written a sentence like that comprised of words in aphabetical order. :)

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah well the point of the story is, i can't see breaking anywhere in the thread title.

HSC
jean grae, jazzyfatnastees, platinum pied pipers, D'Angelo (more neo-soul than rap but he got a good flow) they all artists on okayplayer so u know they got soul

if u havent heard, lauryn hills famous album 'the miseducation....' thats real good i dont think any hip hop fan would not like this album

i didnt mean mobb deep i meant 'goodie mobb' they are a legendary southern group similar to outkast, u might of heard cee-lo??? check out his solos too REALLL funky soulful all that jazz. check out their debut 'soul food'

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
M.E.D. (aka Medaphoar), Rasco, Planet Asia, Ohno, Gary Wilson, Lootpack, Dudley Perkins, Charizma and Peanut Butter Wolf, Brother Ali, Madlib, Quasimoto, Percee P, Edan, Count Bass D, Cage, Copywrite, Apathy, DJ Z-Trip, Little Brother, Foreign Connection, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Koushik, Four Tet, Aceyalone, Masta Ace, O.C., D.I.T.C

I've been bumping Masta Ace's album 'A Long Hot Summer' a lot recently, I'm sure you'd like it.

HSC
also

little brother - the listening
little brother - chitlen circuit 1.5
rapper big pooh (of little brother) - sleepers
murs - murs 3:16
masta killah - no said date
Legacy - project mayhem
edo G & Pete Rock - My Own Worst Enemy

all albums u would probably like, def check out 'the listening' and 'murs 3:16'

and u may like some of UGK's stuff, particularly stuff from the album 'ridin dirty' ('one day' 'murder' 'good stuff' 'pinky ring')

Adrian.

HSC
De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Mr. Lif, Akrobatik, J-Live. That's all I can think of that hasn't been mentioned.

Adrian.

HSC
Soma said:
M.E.D. (aka Medaphoar), Rasco, Planet Asia, Ohno, Gary Wilson, Lootpack, Dudley Perkins, Charizma and Peanut Butter Wolf, Brother Ali, Madlib, Quasimoto, Percee P, Edan, Count Bass D, Cage, Copywrite, Apathy, DJ Z-Trip, Little Brother, Foreign Connection, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Koushik, Four Tet, Aceyalone, Masta Ace, O.C., D.I.T.C

I've been bumping Masta Ace's album 'A Long Hot Summer' a lot recently, I'm sure you'd like it.
Very nice list. I don't know if you guys have heard about the troubles with O.C.'s new album 'Starchild' but if you want a real copy you can get them at JB Hi-Fi. The record company was giving them away a while ago but they were only shipping to N. America.

http://www.gritrecords.com/

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
hip hop, i'm after some stuff that's similar to d'angelo/badu.. any recommendations?

HSC
oh yes i love soul/neo-soul

jill scott
angie stone,
martin luther,
musiq soulchild,
prince,
bilal,
maxwell,
raphael saadiq,
'tony, toni, tone',
kem,
calvin richardson,
india.arie,
lucy pearl,
floetry,
john legend,
javier,
soul basement,
lauryn hill (her solo album)
jaguar wright (works with the roots quite a bit),
Jazzyfatnastees (they are on okayplayer),
earth, wind & fire,
curtis mayfield

D'Angelo and badu are two of the best soul artists though so u may not think much of some of the ones i listed because they cant compare too the brilliant D'Angelo :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)