Attn car experts (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
Fare enuff.

Giv tha gie a brake, i meen cummon ive bean publichyd in magizeens to but mie spelling iz purfact. as iz mie grammer

So I take he deleted his posts?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
As girls, I think we're genetically predispositioned to not understand cars :p

I'm sloooowly learning, I can't tell one car from another unless I can read what it says on the back :p but I'm more interested in knowing how to service them and stuff...my advice is to grab the nearest male and make him go through the entire engine bay with you, get him to show you how to change your oil filter, or something else relatively simple, and go from there.

SlipStream

HSC
hey Jess,

If you ever have any questions, you're most welcome to come into the "Got a question about cars?" thread and ask away. As is anyone else. :)

There's a handful of people who'll go out of your way to help you out.

Dj_danizm

HSC
N/A
ok car expert can u help me out, I have A nissan pulsar q13 i bought it about a yr ago and th previous owner had a turbo but now its not still has the manifiold, forge pistons, hi flow cat, all the stuff u need but it has no turbo so i was wondering wat u reakon is better, buying a turbo for it, or jus gettering a ca18det conversion. By the way its a the stock engine in those cars i think its sumfin like a c18de.

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK he wants an engine to bolt straight in, not cut 'n shut weld bend hammer squeeze in...

... such is the problem that faces me and the Brumby. :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
this thread is great, i always wanted to have better knowledge of cars, more mechanically because i think i have ok driving knowledge and recognising cars si getting easyer for me.. it isnt exactly my hoby but it is something iam interested in... on that how stuff works, i always hear people talking about turbochargers but now i know heaps of stuff about em so i will sound like an expert hehe

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
one thing to do is to always know what you're talking about, and being able to go that little bit further to describe/explain something, that shows you know what's going on ;) and dont preach

Reallyreally

HSC
I grew up on a farm and kno about cars and utes and machinery from my relos and from playin around with paddock bashers

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
DaddyK is my brother, and our dad is.. our dad the highway patrol cop and the advanced driving instructor at Oran, and my good mate is a mechanic!! lol... but having said that, im certainly no car expert. I needed help locating the windscreen washer fluid container!! But i do know how to:
-check oil levels, fill it up
-change a tyre
-jump start battery
-identify most kinds of cars

Not a lot but yeah, i read my bros street machines all the time, and watch most of the annual supercar races on TV.

S13WPN

HSC
aim54x said:
wat do u guys think of the FORD GT????
500BHP Supercharged 5.4lt V8

and the racing heritage to top it all off.
Ford V8 = common
5.4L = thirsty
daddyk was onto something
DaddyK said:
Get an sr20DET

HSC
yenta said:
So where did you all learn all your knowledge of cars? Did you learn from a relative/friend, teach yourself with magazines/manuals/books etc, or even do an auto course? I'm keen to learn a lot about cars and I'm just wondering where the best place to start would be.

i started playing with cars myself, pulling them apart and puttin 2gether on my and my boyfriends cars. i think i could NEARLY do anything on a car, as im going 4 an auto electrical/mechanic (dunno which one yet) apprentiship. but im concerned i wont get one coz im a girl. wat do u guys think?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive always been interested in cars, but i just never saw it as a career prospect for me. That's my brothers job. lol. wouldnt wanna cut his grass

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lil lelu said:
i started playing with cars myself, pulling them apart and puttin 2gether on my and my boyfriends cars. i think i could NEARLY do anything on a car, as im going 4 an auto electrical/mechanic (dunno which one yet) apprentiship. but im concerned i wont get one coz im a girl. wat do u guys think?
alot of places/institutions set aside a set amount of places JUST for females, so that it encourages them in. chances are, there'd be MORE chance of you getting one than not if you tried the right channels :)

aim54x said:
wat do u guys think of the FORD GT????
500BHP Supercharged 5.4lt V8

and the racing heritage to top it all off.
cheap supercar, good...all supercars are going to be good drinkers though.

racing heritage isnt realllllllllly in it, but it is. Confusing because really any advancement from the racing program of the GT series (GT40 MK I, II, III, IV etc) is limited. It's one of those glory things, fantastic olden day stories people like to hear about (original GT40) from Ford not being able to buy ferrari, to the original car, to the plank of wood strapped to the back to give it downforce, to it's first win, the engine changes to the mighty 7-something litre V8, it's win, the 1-2-3 finish which the GT40 is renown for, and it's dominance in some racing events.

anyway, it's nice, it's fast...i hope they dont rely too much on past glories of another car

but lol, SR20...cant go wrong :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)