Attention to Atheists!!! (1 Viewer)

KfWang

well im a mixture of buddhist, aethist and beliefist
the way i figure, if my "religion" tells me to go and seek the truth for myself, and to find my own path in life, than it HAS to be worth at least looking at
i dont believe in one "supreme being", in fact, one of the things that piss me off to no end are people who turn up at my door and say "if you dont believe in my religion, youll go to hell".. i mean JEZZ, talk about blind faith. If hell is somewhere that none of them will be, then thats where ill be happiest
I do like the idea that the wills of people create a sort of spiritual figure, who can influence events just that tiny little bit, but not overly too much

oh and three questions that no catholic or christian person ive asked has really answered properly:
1) if god is forgiving, how come we got kicked out of this "paradise" i.e. garden of eden then?
2) one of the ten rules to control the masses say that people should not kill each other, but how come when david killed goliath he was hailed a hero?
3) if a mass murderer kills a large amount of people without them being aware, but gets caught and sentenced to death, but pleads for forgivness before death.. doesnt that kind of abuse the whole "forgiveness" situation?.. cos the murderer would be forgiven and go to heaven, and his victims who didnt have time to pray might go to hell...

my 2....wateva

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
am an atheist because i dont believe that God...or any other hierachy/religion/cult/sect...has an influence in my life..or the life of those around me. Quite simply, i dont believe in God.
I think spirituality within urself is more important than anything else...
PS..Christianity is a cult!
PPS...to jezzabelle...being agnostic is not about sitting on the fence...they simply believe that there is no possible way to tell if there is a God or not, so they choose not to practise a particular belief.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
im agnostic

dont know what god is exactly or what religion is the right path, but i believe in something beyond what i can explain or understand- otherwise i dont see the point in life if everything has no meaning or if its random

e_star

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
am an atheist because i dont believe that God...or any other hierachy/religion/cult/sect...has an influence in my life..or the life of those around me. Quite simply, i dont believe in God.
I think spirituality within urself is more important than anything else...
PS..Christianity is a cult!
PPS...to jezzabelle...being agnostic is not about sitting on the fence...they simply believe that there is no possible way to tell if there is a God or not, so they choose not to practise a particular belief.
Does God have no influence on your life because u don't care to know Him? How can He if u turn your back on Him?
Look around you though?? Where did this world come from??? I know some may think that it just "came about"... i find that soo hard to take....... creation is an amazing thing!! Shows us that there is "someone" out there......
And I know God Is out there... actually, He is everywhere!!! :)

And KfWang... good questions, and u deserve an answer... but I'll have to think about them........... and there are answers!!

Jezzabelle

loooong msg

KfWang said:
1) if god is forgiving, how come we got kicked out of this "paradise" i.e. garden of eden then?
2) one of the ten rules to control the masses say that people should not kill each other, but how come when david killed goliath he was hailed a hero?
3) if a mass murderer kills a large amount of people without them being aware, but gets caught and sentenced to death, but pleads for forgivness before death.. doesnt that kind of abuse the whole "forgiveness" situation?.. cos the murderer would be forgiven and go to heaven, and his victims who didnt have time to pray might go to hell...

my 2....wateva
1) (edit: we didnt get kicked out, we chose to leave by our actions that told God we wanted to run things our way, we hid from God cos we were ashamed, he found us, confronted us, and set up a way for us to still live even tho we deserved to be disconnected from God permanently.. i think you have the whole wrong image of some nazi, angry God .. when really he gave us a choice, we told him we wanted to rule our own lives, and instead of wiping us out, he continued to love and nurture and protect us and all the things we need for life, gave adam and eve clothes to hide thier nakedness that was shame brought on from their sin, and continues to sustain his creation etc. you should be more appreciative really....)
God IS forgiving, but God is also JUST. and therefore a price had to be paid for our forgiveness. otherwise there would be no justice. Forgiveness costs everything for the forgiver and nothing for the forgiven. It cost God his son. He was fully human and fully God, as through one man sin entered the world through one man sin would be dealt with. Also, it was important Jesus was also fully God as well, otherwise it wouldnt of been fair, if any joe bloe payed the cost. the punishment for sin is death=eternal seperation from God. the physical crucification on the cross is an outward reflection of the spiritual cost Jesus paid for our sins, disconnection from God. The point tho is that Jesus was raised from the Dead, hence our sins WERE paid for, because he was risen, and so to, can we be risen with him "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved" Romans 10:9

2) why pick that example? there was heaps more battles? wall of jericho? cannan? etc etc. oh well thats not the point...
I dont think the point of the story was that he killed someone, it was that he did it with a slingshot... cos he trusted in God and used what he had... teaches us to use the gifts and abilities God gives us for his purposes ... and no one is insignificant... but this does raise your point.. which i think is along the lines of, how can he encourage someone to kill another... (thou shall not murder.... i think david was not in murder context tho, he was protecting the people) well he doesnt think IT* (edit) is right. Cain and Abel? remember that story? basically after sin entered the world, earth was destined to get more corrupted and decay (which actually is in agreement with maths and science, that the universe is decaying... thermodynamics etc.. thats another thread..) but God had to hold it together and had a very long plan for us to learn how much we need him and etc, i dunno his divine plan. but point is.. that the people of that time begged for a King, and every new King God gave em always got corrupted and went sour cos the King, was just human after all, and stuffed up. The David and Goliath thing was in response to the people saying they wanted a new King, and that was God's way of bringing David to them... he has to work in our world even tho he is not a part of it.
3) ok this is based on some theology of certain religions... particular catholics and repentence.. which i'm really not in agreements with.... but like i said before (ref:Romans 10:9) its not about making sure you confess every little sin, God forgives you before you do it, because Jesus paid the price for every sin EVER done and that WILL ever be done. so the sin is already dealt with, you just have to believe that. the murderer thing.. alright well you firstly have to realise that God sees all sin (which by definition is rebelling against God..not just 10 comandments, but the attitude of the heart) equally. A lie = murder = swearing in Gods name=jealousy... they all have equal weighting, which is a hard concept to grasp in our society/culture i know... When Jesus was dying on the cross he was on the hill of Calvry with two other criminals, and one of them believed Jesus was the King and asked him to "remember me" and jesus said " i tell you the truth today you will be with me in paradise" so its obvious that even the nastiest of criminals (crucifixion was reserved for the worst law breakers) in our society/culture get forgiveness the same. Continueing on from that... it is because God loves all of us equally. There is nothing you can do to make him love you more, and nothing you can do to make him love you less. yep, no matter what you've done orsaid or thought, he loves you the same as me, same as mother teresa, same as everyone. thats why he wants you to be with him forever. you are not an accident, you were designed for Gods pleasure (to delight in you) and for his purpose.

EDIT: there are two things existing now that were never in God's perfect creation, and they are SHAME and PRIDE. they are the two things that keep us from acknowledging God as King, Lord and Saviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
e_star.....Yes, God has no influence on my life because i dont care to know him. I dont believe there is a God.
Believe me, i look at the world around me each and every day. I dont need to know where it came from, because that is not something that concerns me. If i had to make a decision on where it did come from, i would stick with the scientific theory's.
Indeed, creation is a wonderful thing. Its really great that you have such strong views on God and your Religion, although my views are obviously different, i respect youe opinions. If you would like to discuss further, add me to msn: sped_kid01@hotmail.com

Jezzabelle

KfWang said:
w"if you dont believe in my religion, youll go to hell".. i mean JEZZ, talk about blind faith. If hell is somewhere that none of them will be, then thats where ill be happiest
as opposed to what ? faith where you think your God is true, but so is everyone else's????? yep ... i can see that making sense (not)

e_star

HSC
that was a good reply to KfWang's questions jezzabelle86...

and I fully agree with u once again!!! :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
basically after sin entered the world, earth was destined to get more corrupted and decay (which actually is in agreement with maths and science, that the universe is decaying... thermodynamics etc.. thats another thread..)
No I think I'll mention it here. Entropy always increases in a closed system, whether the universe is a closed system or not is another matter, while many physicists believe that is, many more believe that the universe isn't a closed system. Indeed if there is enough mass in the universe, it can not be a closed system as a big crunch would decrease the entropy, of course with the time arrow going backwards, whether life can exist or not to see this decrease in entropy is a different story.

Of course earlier this year a blow was dealt when Hawking reversed his earlier position and said that black holes do release information about the matter they swallow, meaning that black holes are a closed localised system, but it remains to be seen if the universe is truly one.

Last edited:

mdy_118

Thanks! Thank u for those hu have put a response in this forum to help me with my ISP. I'm still open to more suggestions and answers tho...I'd like as many as possible.So those out there hu still haven't put a reply...plz do so! Thanx!

KfWang

jezzabelle86 said:
1) (edit: we didnt get kicked out, we chose to leave by our actions that told God we wanted to run things our way, we hid from God cos we were ashamed, he found us, confronted us, and set up a way for us to still live even tho we deserved to be disconnected from God permanently.. i think you have the whole wrong image of some nazi, angry God .. when really he gave us a choice, we told him we wanted to rule our own lives, and instead of wiping us out, he continued to love and nurture and protect us and all the things we need for life, gave adam and eve clothes to hide thier nakedness that was shame brought on from their sin, and continues to sustain his creation etc. you should be more appreciative really....)
but.. isnt the fact that Adam and Eve naked in the first place, except they didnt knwo it kind of hinting that God didnt give them the whole picture. And why would they "choose" to leave if they saw what would happen if they did .. i.e. the war and famines and other miseries that would happen to their children. That knowledge God kept from them, so that still makes him kind of controlling.

jezzabelle86 said:
God IS forgiving, but God is also JUST. and therefore a price had to be paid for our forgiveness. otherwise there would be no justice. Forgiveness costs everything for the forgiver and nothing for the forgiven. It cost God his son.
but he got his son back, so he didnt REALLY loose anything. Most people our day dont really give all that much to be "forgiven".. they just go to church, kneel down and pray, but u do have a bit a point

jezzabelle86 said:
2) why pick that example? there was heaps more battles? wall of jericho? cannan? etc etc. oh well thats not the point...
I dont think the point of the story was that he killed someone, it was that he did it with a slingshot... cos he trusted in God and used what he had...
teaches us to use the gifts and abilities God gives us for his purposes ...
makes god's purpose kind of sound... hypocritical. He sends messages to not kill people, then he guides stones from a sling to kill people

um on your point of Earth is stuffed. I believe that its stuffed because of what human have done, and to a certain extent religion. Humans are the ones that have cut down trees, invented new ways to destroy the environment, and new ways to kill each other in the names of their gods. and its a rather VERY expensive lesson if it is one. I mean, is the lesson REALLY worth learning after weve wiped out all the animals and destroyed nature and the world itself?

jezzabelle86 said:
3) ok this is based on some theology of certain religions... particular catholics and repentence.. which i'm really not in agreements with.... but like i said before (ref:Romans 10:9) its not about making sure you confess every little sin, God forgives you before you do it, because Jesus paid the price for every sin EVER done and that WILL ever be done.
Well that would be good to believe, but if that is true then .. what the hell is hell doing? lol ^^...
well more seirously now, if everyone was forgiven for their sins before they commit them, then wouldnt everyone's soul go to heaven?? then there wouldnt be a need for hell, but why does the bible refer to it anyway?

jezzabelle86 said:
EDIT: there are two things existing now that were never in God's perfect creation, and they are SHAME and PRIDE. they are the two things that keep us from acknowledging God as King, Lord and Saviour.
well.. i beg to differ, one of the reason i remain semi-aethiest is for the freedom to choose where to take my life, and which way to take it

id like to say that i dnot mean to tease or make a mockery of anyones religion, i am just killing time and stating my own opinion

my 5 cents (damn i wish the 2cent coin would come back into circulation)

KfWang

jezzabelle86 said:
as opposed to what ? faith where you think your God is true, but so is everyone else's????? yep ... i can see that making sense (not)

well why can't it make sense? I mean, just because your religion states that there is only god doesnt mean that the people who believe in your religion is right, and EVERYONE ELSE who believes in something different is going to hell, does not mean that everyone else is wrong.
There is no physical evidence that suggests that ANY gods exist, so why cant all of them , or none of them exist?

my 5 cents

Steph9

HSC
1. God created the world and it was good.
2. Sin came when we rebelled against God.
3. God doesn't allow us to rebell forever, so the punishment is death and judgement. But that sounds harsh...however,
4. God sent his only son, the man Jesus Christ, to die for OUR sins. But the story doesn't end there
5. God raised his son to life.
6. Now we are left with two ways to live:
1. Summit to God through Jesus, and you will be rewarded with eternal life.
2. Continue to reject God, and you will experience the absence of his love after this life.

Which way do you choose to live, God's way or your way? Why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)