Attention the BoS Political Forums of 2004, There is to be no WMD in the Iraq room (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
*anticipates next response*

OMG BUSH YOU SET US UP THE BOMB

P h i l i p

The iraqis who rigged the bomb didnt even know there was sarin in the bomb, it was just old regime surplus from when Clinton invaded.

Well, if you didn't make the glaring mistake of claiming Clinton invaded Iraq, I'd tend to agree with you. Saddam promised the world that he destroyed his WMD, and now we've got Iraqis setting up what they probably thought was just a normal shell which actually contained sarin gas. Destroyed his WMD indeed.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Its amazing even though everyone said that George W. Bush was just finishing his daddy's work, people think that Clinton lead Operation Desert Storm, Clinton lead Operation Desert Fox ;)

Too little? What would you prefer? Full fledged nuclear weapons, ICBMs filled with toxic nerve agents? WMD is WMD, you think Saddam is just going to have one shell sitting around just for kicks?

Too late? You expect immediate results? Kids these days don't realise they were still tracking down WW2 war criminals into the 60s.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
please don't try and justify the whole war with this piece of evidence of WMD
personally i think this would have had more of an impact on people if it happened sooner- perhaps before the majority of people started to doubt if WMD were really even in iraq (to the extent that the USA made it appear)

you are the one who asked if anyone will care... I don't think many people will

Yeah, because obviously the Coalition can control when resistance groups are going to stumble across WMDs. I agree that lefties won't care, just like lefties don't seem to care about the Iraqi-terrorism link in the Nick Berg video, just like lefties don't seem to care Saddam has actually used WMD in the past.

However, they seem to really care about Iraqis oil. Go figure.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Well as long as they're killing themselves I don't care.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ppl might not care, mainly becuz if thats all they can find then this costly war wasnt worth it. you still have to find more b4 u can say 'i told you so'

OK then, assuming this war really is costly (which is crap, look at any other military conflict), what do you think is going to make it worth it?

Cause I would have thought removing Saddam was enough, but you don't seem to think so.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
what do you think is going to make it worth it?

Cause I would have thought removing Saddam was enough, but you don't seem to think so.
..wasn't the justification for this war WMD??.. thats what the coalition went in for- so where the hell are the WMD?..this bomb is hardly significant to start to say that there are large amounts of WMD in Iraq- for the public to stop doubting this political crap- they'll have to come up with more than this...quite simple:rolleyes:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The news services just said that the small amount of Sarin gas which was released from the bomb that went off was most likely a reminant from the 1990 inspections that the weapons inspectors missed and not from a large scale WMD programme Saddam was accused of undertaking after the Gulf War.

So you were saying...

Originally posted by eLmo
..wasn't the justification for this war WMD??.. thats what the coalition went in for- so where the hell are the WMD?..this bomb is hardly significant to start to say that there are large amounts of WMD in Iraq- for the public to stop doubting this political crap- they'll have to come up with more than this...quite simple:rolleyes:
CITE?

Because you see, what I remember is:

Reporter: Ari, what is the goal in Iraq, disarmament or regime change? It seemed like both messages were said.

Ari Fleischer: The President believes that both are important and they are both statements of American policy. The President thinks that it's important to enforce the resolutions that have been passed by the United Nations for the last decade, which mostly aim at -- on the issue of disarmament. And the President, of course, supports the laws of the United States, and the law includes regime change.

and so on, like October 2 there. This war was about UN resolutions, policies that existed since Clinton, Saddam failing to comply and so on. Quite simple really, you're trying to simplify the war into the one issue when it's actually quite complex, and even now you're trying to tell me that sarin gas isn't really WMD, for that we'd have to have huge stockpiles (which of course probably exist, unless Saddam's fired them already - he's not just making a shell for kicks). The only political crap is what you're saying.

Originally posted by Ziff
The news services just said that the small amount of Sarin gas which was released from the bomb that went off was most likely a reminant from the 1990 inspections that the weapons inspectors missed and not from a large scale WMD programme Saddam was accused of undertaking after the Gulf War.

So you were saying...
Perhaps you'd like to fill in the blanks for me, because I don't see how the Iraqi government could somehow lose a shell of sarin nerve agent and not know where it is when the inspectors came by, only for said shell to be subsequently found by Iraqi insurgents.

Last edited:

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Perhaps you'd like to fill in the blanks for me, because I don't see how the Iraqi government could somehow lose a shell of sarin nerve agent and not know where it is when the inspectors came by, only for said shell to be subsequently found by Iraqi insurgents.
Then maybe you can explain how US forces lose entire aircraft, which mysteriously turn up later. We are talking about one single shell, about 6 inches in diameter and maybe a couple of feet in length. It's possible for such a thing to be lost.

Now, if you found a stockpile of a lot of shells, carefully preserved and protected, you might have the beginings of a point. Until then...

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Thankfully, we haven't got insurgents detonating stockpiles of shells of sarin gas. Is that what you want?
Of course not - but for that to happen, there would have to be stockpiles of shells of sarin gas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)