attendance...help (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
i just had a panic attack, cuz i realised that for one of my core subjects, i have missed abt 2 tutorials and had totally forgotten abt the 80% compulsory attendance.

im not exactly sure how many i missed, but it wasnt more than 3, should i be worried?

and is it a definite fail if u attend just under 80% of tutes (for a core)?

plz give me good news

btw would mac warn u if ur attendance is low

HSC
they wouldn't warn you - but don't panic, i'm pretty sure you can miss two i know i have for a bunch of subjects.

work out how many tutorials you have, then work out what 20% of that is - as long as u have at least 10 tutorials (which pretty much all subjects do) u can miss 2 and be fine.

if for some reason ur subject doesn't have that many and they try and fail you on it simply insist that you have not missed one of the ones nominated on the record (claim your name was missed on the role for whatever reason i.e. you didn't hear it called out or the attendance sheet wasn't passed to you)

either way you should be fine. don't stress.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They won't warn you, some subjects will take it seriously but all in all humanities/scmp is pretty lenient.

ALLLICE

HSC
Meh...everyone seems to skip a tute or two :). Absences are particularly noticable on the days assessments are due in.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
**blu_rose** said:
i just had a panic attack, cuz i realised that for one of my core subjects, i have missed abt 2 tutorials and had totally forgotten abt the 80% compulsory attendance.

im not exactly sure how many i missed, but it wasnt more than 3, should i be worried?

and is it a definite fail if u attend just under 80% of tutes (for a core)?

plz give me good news

btw would mac warn u if ur attendance is low
not at macquarie mate

dracover

HSC
i'm pretty sure 80% attendence rule at maq onli apply to international students.

unless specifically stated in unit outline u can just rock up to final exam and pass the course if u want. even if specifically stated go see the lectuer in charge and say like i had family problems or something or u just forgot and will go to all the remainders...and usually they'll get u off anyways

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
dracover said:
i'm pretty sure 80% attendence rule at maq onli apply to international students.
That's incorrect. In law, practically all of the units have had an 80% attendance requirement (and LAW has less than 1% international students). It states it clearly in the unit outline.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Mm I email my lecturer about this last semester because i had dilemma like yours, the reply was something like "at this stage is unclear but will depend on your overall mark" so You might need really good marks to be okay, email the lecturer. Usually missing two tutorials is okay though.

what subject is this?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
how about for BUSL301 - Corporations Law, there is nothing specifically said about a "minimum attendance" requirement. We just get marks for turning up. I've missed 3 because I came in at 9:20am when it starts at 9 because of frikn traffic, and I always assumed he'd mark me off the roll, but when I asked him he said no, he hasn't.

mserica

HSC
I usually email the tutor in advance and say that i cant make it.... in most cases they say, thanks for letting me know and that it will not affect tutorial attendance mark.... though I do no they let us (evening) people get away with missig a few due to work commitments.

HSC
i've got to say i disagree with the whole 'ask the lecturer' thing
that's what my friend did for law... which simply alerted him to the problem which he would've failed her for if she hadn't worded her question carefully ('i'm not sure how many i've missed - two or three'). all it did was make him consider failing her. she only got out of that by insisting further examination of her records showed she was there (when she wasn't), allowing her to blame some administrative error. deny, deny, deny i say - you can always check with ur teacher under the pretence of concern that you didn't mark your name off one day (but were totally there) but don't go telling teachers you've missed more than 20% - they don't want to know, and in many cases they'll feel obligated (or keen as in my friend's case) to fail you

dracover

HSC
wat i meant before was unless its in the unitoutline then it doesnt exsit.

for pplz to get more worried. there is actually a standard rule for tertiary education to pass a subject u have to have attended 80% of ur classes. however at maq that is not enforced. so unless ur lecturer is making it a rule then ignore it. and usually like someone said before unless something requires the lecturer to go looking at ur attendence theres nothing to worry about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)