Atheism - Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

paddy_mac

HSC
I'm quite curious actually...
Does anyone here believe in the theory of evolution?
Yes I do. I think all animals have the ability to adapt to the conditions placed on them. That's the function of the body isn't it? To survive.

paddy_mac

HSC
Sorry if I sounded a bit bias there...
But does anyone here believe in evolution? =]
That sounds a bit better. =]

I find it hard to believe that the universe happened by chance... of course... I find it just as hard to believe that a spiritual intelligent being created the world...

So in terms of my 'religion'... I don't know what I am...
I believe that some questions just aren't meant to be answered. We're only humans after all and we only take up a very small portion of this universe. You can't expect us to know how it all works.
For me believing in a spiritual intelligent just seems too illogical.
If I was going to determine your religion, you'd probably be agnostic.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I'm sorry dude, but your statement is just as bad as those who say we're all gunna burn in hell if we dont believe in god.
No.
There is a million pieces of evidence to suggest that evolution is true.
There is jack shit, to suggest there is a designer being.
Don't ever compare me to a christian.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I'm not denying that evolution is false. I'm an athiest myself. If you'll take a look in the "Does God Exist" thread, you'll notice that I have very strong view's against the idea of a god.

All I'm saying is that you calling people fools for not having the same view as you have is the same thing as other people saying you'll burn in hell for not believing in allah, or jehova or any other god etc
Except my view is backed by logic and reason.
If i said 1+1 = 3 would you call me a fool?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Now let me ask you a question as a fellow atheist. How did the universe began? Big bang? How did it occur? What caused it to occur? When did "time' start? How was space formed?
The leading theory on how the universe began is obviously the big bang.
I don't know a whole lot about the big bang, but from what ive gathed there was an infinitely dense singularity. What caused the 'bang' was a huge force. As compression increases so does gravity. So an infinitely dense and compressed singularity would have a huge amount of gravity, therefore a huge force needed.
Time started as the 'bang' went off. It is unreasonable to think of time as eternal.
I need to reed more

HSC
Uni Grad
Now let me ask you a question as a fellow atheist. How did the universe began? Big bang? How did it occur? What caused it to occur? When did "time' start? How was space formed?
Then we say were did god come from? How did he occur? What caused him to occur? How did he create the universe? Thus continuing the endless cycle.

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, I swear it always tells me Ive given out too much in the last 24 hours all the time lol.

adeyemi

HSC
I never get tired of arguing :)!This can be an Atheist stronghold thread
if u like belief in GOD or don't he exists and want u to be with him in heaven.but if u choose to remain in ur ignorance u will live to regret forever!!!!!! in ETERNITY:speechless: :devil:

boganxcore

HSC
im ok with athiesm just as long as you arent a new athiest aka. dawkins, hitchens, etc.

smug bastards dont even understand philosophy of science

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What do people think about things like Secular Humanism, or Unitarian Universalism?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
im ok with athiesm just as long as you arent a new athiest aka. dawkins, hitchens, etc.

smug bastards dont even understand philosophy of science
Dawkins is a pre-eminent evolutionary biologist/ethologist. He is a fellow of the Royal Society.

And you're saying he doesn't understand the philosophy of science?

Name_Taken

HSC
Then we say were did god come from? How did he occur? What caused him to occur? How did he create the universe? Thus continuing the endless cycle.
God is not an observable phenonomon, as everything else we percieve as reality in this universe is. He does not exist within our universe in a strictly physical sense. He isn't a measureable entity.

He is not matter, in the sense that He Himself was "created" or came into being at a specific point in time. He created time. He exists in the beyond and is not subject to the laws of physics which govern only matter and energy within this universe.

Open your mind :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)