• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Atar Prediction? (1 Viewer)

Adrian_jnader

HSC
I go to a rank 70-150 school (fluctuates every year because we have a grade of roughly 40 and are not selective).

Here are my stats:
Maths Adv: 1/21 (91%)
Maths Ext 2/9 (91%)
English Adv 1/22 (95%)
Biology 1/8 (95%)
Chemistry 1/7 (97%)
Latin Cont 2/4 (85%) (this is external, and first has an 87% average)

Adrian_jnader

HSC
Honestly, fluctuates every year:
For example, last year in English, 0 Band 6's. However, the year before that, we had 8 band 6's and state rank (10th in the state).
So I honestly can't give an accurate account aside from saying generally there's at least 1-4 (depending on the already small cohort sizes)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, more specific information regarding the performance of your school in each of your subjects could contribute to more accurate estimates. However, from this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR between 96-97. You have evidently performed at a consistently high standard across your subjects, which places you in a comfortable position as you approach your HSC exams. This indicates that the study strategy that you have used throughout year 12 has been effective, meaning that you should continue to use this strategy as you prepare for your HSC exams, allowing you to hopefully replicate this standard and maximise your ATAR.

The only subject that may be preventing you from reaching your full potential is Latin Continuers, since it appears to be your lowest-performing subject given your position in it compared to your position in the rest of your subjects. Because of this, you may wish to consider placing additional emphasis on your preparations for your Latin Continuers HSC exam, enabling you to improve your overall performance in this subject. Coupled with the fact that you are taking 11 units (meaning that Mathematics Extension 1 could count towards your ATAR, making 1 unit of Latin Continuers count towards your ATAR instead of 2), you will maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! 😄

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to a rank 70-150 school (fluctuates every year because we have a grade of roughly 40 and are not selective).

Here are my stats:
Maths Adv: 1/21 (91%)
Maths Ext 2/9 (91%)
English Adv 1/22 (95%)
Biology 1/8 (95%)
Chemistry 1/7 (97%)
Latin Cont 2/4 (85%) (this is external, and first has an 87% average)
I would say 95 ish is a safe estimate, assuming you do fairly well in the exams/other people in your classes do well. You’re unlikely to get sub 95 unless your exam performance is particularly poor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)