Atar needed for usyd med course? (1 Viewer)

makin156

HSC
What ATAR do you need in order to be accepted into the USYD Medicine course and also to receive a scholarship?

makin156

HSC
what if you receive something in the lower 99's? Are you still eligible for a scholarship?

makin156

HSC
Oh yeahh the interview..and UMAT aswell i suppose...Would you think it works this way; say the ATAR is not as high as they want but the UMAT score is pretty high...would they accept you (along with a successful interview of course) ?

X

xeuyrawp

I was under the impression that USYD took very few MBBS students straight out of high school. Not sure what that number is, though.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Oh yeahh the interview..and UMAT aswell i suppose...Would you think it works this way; say the ATAR is not as high as they want but the UMAT score is pretty high...would they accept you (along with a successful interview of course) ?
Im not sure. You would have to ask someone in the course.
All i know is you need to: get a very high ATAR, do extremely well in UMAT, and kill the interview

jet

Banned
HSC
You don't do UMAT. They just guarantee you a place in postgrad med. YOu still have to do a degree first. They don't take less than 99.95 either.
They took 23 people last year afaik.

makin156

HSC
Yeah it's understandable..Sydney's Medical Program is like one of the best in NSW along with UNSW. How's UWS' Medical program?

EXT.1 MATHEMATICS
EXT. 2 MATHEMATICS
PHYSICS
CHEMISTRY
ECONOMICS
ENGLISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)