Atar Estimation pls (1 Viewer)

not the kevin

HSC
Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me estimate my ATAR thank you!!!

I do maths adv, maths ex1, Chinese and literature, Japanese beginner, EALD
My school rank around 60, (last year's cohort was quite gud tho, so it rank in 50+)
My chemistry trial is 66% rank18 / 57 (but my cumulative rank is 13 cuz i did well in the first 2 assessments)
My maths adv is 86% rank 18/124
maths ex1 70% rank 14/44
Chinese 90% rank 1/20
jp 85% rank 4/11 (well, not sure about jp, cuz our teacher said our cohort is much better than the past few years' cohort..)
EALD 84% rank 4/39 (but my cumulative rank is 7/39, rlly bad at mod d...)

er, so i ask my friend who graduate last year from my school, she said my English is probably 80, jp is either high b5 or b6 (depends on my hsc), Chinese will most likely be b6 if I perform as well as what I do in school assessments, chem might be high b5 (cuz our school chem b6 usually 8 ppl but last year's cohort got 11 ppl so idk) Both maths might be b6 (?? cuz my school's maths is kinda strong but i am not sure if this year's maths is gonna be super hard, my tutor said if 2023's hsc maths ex1 is as hard as 2022, i will just be e3...)

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, your performance seems consistent with an ATAR between 90 and 93.

Mathematics Advanced and Chinese and Literature appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that it is likely that they will both make a positive contribution to your ATAR. You should therefore prepare for your HSC exams in these subjects to the best of your ability, which will hopefully allow you to maintain that favourable standard and maximise the contribution of both subjects to your ATAR.

Your position in the rest of your subjects may be of a slightly lower standard. This means that, while they are still likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, the extent to which they can do so appears to be slightly lower given your current performance. Because of this, you may wish to consider emphasising your preparations for the HSC exams of your remaining subjects (especially Mathematics Extension 1 and EAL/D, where the most attention may be needed), which would ideally include a focus on addressing areas of improvement (where applicable). This will allow you to enhance your overall performance in these subjects by doing well in your HSC exams, ultimately bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

not the kevin

HSC
Based on this information, your performance seems consistent with an ATAR between 90 and 93.

Mathematics Advanced and Chinese and Literature appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that it is likely that they will both make a positive contribution to your ATAR. You should therefore prepare for your HSC exams in these subjects to the best of your ability, which will hopefully allow you to maintain that favourable standard and maximise the contribution of both subjects to your ATAR.

Your position in the rest of your subjects may be of a slightly lower standard. This means that, while they are still likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, the extent to which they can do so appears to be slightly lower given your current performance. Because of this, you may wish to consider emphasising your preparations for the HSC exams of your remaining subjects (especially Mathematics Extension 1 and EAL/D, where the most attention may be needed), which would ideally include a focus on addressing areas of improvement (where applicable). This will allow you to enhance your overall performance in these subjects by doing well in your HSC exams, ultimately bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

thank you very much! it is rlly helpful!!

not the kevin

HSC

Hi, Jimmy, I hope you are well. I just checked the hscninja about the e4 of maths ex1 in our school, basically it says 24 e4 in 2021 and 31 e4 in 2022, for maths adv, there are 35 b6 in 2021, 46 b6 in 2022. I wonder how likely am I going to get the highest band in both maths, and could possbily push my atar to 94? Thank you!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, Jimmy, I hope you are well. I just checked the hscninja about the e4 of maths ex1 in our school, basically it says 24 e4 in 2021 and 31 e4 in 2022, for maths adv, there are 35 b6 in 2021, 46 b6 in 2022. I wonder how likely am I going to get the highest band in both maths, and could possbily push my atar to 94? Thank you!
You have a chance of achieving a band E4 overall in Mathematics Extension 1, and you seem to have a very high chance of achieving a band 6 overall in Mathematics Advanced. Your ATAR can definitely exceed the estimate, meaning that an ATAR of 94 is possible. Keep in mind that estimates are only indicative and not decisive. From this point, the better your performance (not just in maths, but across your subjects), the higher your chances of reaching your target ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)