ATAR Estimation Please (1 Viewer)

washi-tape

HSC
Hi, my marks have recently been a bit slack and I'm worried for whether or not my ATAR will be sufficient enough to get into the courses I want (85/90ish required). My school's rankings have honestly fluctuated a lot because of COVID, but it's generally in the 80-120 range (except for 2021, where school rank was in the 200s). Please help give me an estimation for my ATAR

Subject/marks/rank/how many B6s in 2022

- English Adv (89/100) (9/79) 22
- Maths Adv (72/100) (12/41) 9 (although other years, no. of B6s have all been in the 2 digit range)
- Maths Ext1 (62/100) (9/16) 5 E4s
- Biology (77/100) (23/61) 4
- Studies of Religion 1(73/100) (4/10) 4
- Economics (64/100) (10/11) 2
I know I definitely need to pick up my pace for a few subjects.

I also have a few additional selection rank adjustments, although I'm not too sure how many I have altogether.

Thanks

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hi, my marks have recently been a bit slack and I'm worried for whether or not my ATAR will be sufficient enough to get into the courses I want (85/90ish required). My school's rankings have honestly fluctuated a lot because of COVID, but it's generally in the 80-120 range (except for 2021, where school rank was in the 200s). Please help give me an estimation for my ATAR

Subject/marks/rank/how many B6s in 2022

- English Adv (89/100) (9/79) 22
- Maths Adv (72/100) (12/41) 9 (although other years, no. of B6s have all been in the 2 digit range)
- Maths Ext1 (62/100) (9/16) 5 E4s
- Biology (77/100) (23/61) 4
- Studies of Religion 1(73/100) (4/10) 4
- Economics (64/100) (10/11) 2
I know I definitely need to pick up my pace for a few subjects.

I also have a few additional selection rank adjustments, although I'm not too sure how many I have altogether.

Thanks
out of curiosity are those your trial marks? if they are, your main areas to work on are definitely mx1 and eco --- what are your weak points in mx1 (I don't do eco sorry)

re the atar estimate - wait for jimmy the final boss 👿 to arrive

washi-tape

HSC
out of curiosity are those your trial marks? if they are, your main areas to work on are definitely mx1 and eco --- what are your weak points in mx1 (I don't do eco sorry)

No, these are just my semester 1 marks. For MX1, I feel like my understanding of all the topics in general is just too brief, which limits me from accessing more marks in the harder questions. But in general, topics like Proj. Motion in Vectors and harder calculus questions are my worst ones.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering this information, I believe that your performance is consistent with an ATAR between 84 and 87.

English Advanced appears to be your best-performing subject and is therefore likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. If you have already completed your trial exams, your goal should be to prepare to the best of your ability for your English Advanced HSC exam, which will hopefully allow you to perform at the same standard overall and maximise this subject's contribution to your ATAR.

The same can be suggested (although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent) about your position in Mathematics Advanced and Studies of Religion I. Based on this, you may wish to consider focusing more on these subjects so as to improve your overall performance in each of them.

On the other hand, it seems that Mathematics Extension 1, Biology and Economics are your lowest-performing subjects. These are the subjects where more attention and study time may be needed the most. Doing so will enable you to address areas of improvement as you approach your HSC exams (see SadCeliac's post) and enhance your overall performance, which in turn maximises your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

Overall, you appear to be on track in terms of achieving your ATAR goal (which translates to a good chance of receiving an offer to your chosen courses). Of course, can potentially exceed this estimate, especially since you appear to have a good understanding of your strengths and weaknesses in each of your subjects. Having adjustment factors applied to your selection rank is also likely to further improve your chances.

I hope this helps! 😄

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

washi-tape

HSC
Considering this information, I believe that your performance is consistent with an ATAR between 84 and 87.

English Advanced appears to be your best-performing subject and is therefore likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. If you have already completed your trial exams, your goal should be to prepare to the best of your ability for your English Advanced HSC exam, which will hopefully allow you to perform at the same standard overall and maximise this subject's contribution to your ATAR.

The same can be suggested (although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent) about your position in Mathematics Advanced and Studies of Religion I. Based on this, you may wish to consider focusing more on these subjects so as to improve your overall performance in each of them.

On the other hand, it seems that Mathematics Extension 1, Biology and Economics are your lowest-performing subjects. These are the subjects where more attention and study time may be needed the most. Doing so will enable you to address areas of improvement as you approach your HSC exams (see SadCeliac's post) and enhance your overall performance, which in turn maximises your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

Overall, you appear to be on track in terms of achieving your ATAR goal (which translates to a good chance of receiving an offer to your chosen courses). Of course, can potentially exceed this estimate, especially since you appear to have a good understanding of your strengths and weaknesses in each of your subjects. Having adjustment factors applied to your selection rank is also likely to further improve your chances.

I hope this helps! 😄

View attachment 39228
Thank you for your help! :)))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)