Atar Estimate Please :) (1 Viewer)

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Hey guys,
Just started year 12, so this is based on my year 11 yearly results.

As you can see by my results, i know IT in and out. I intend on doing a double degree in computer science and computer engineering.

School ranking : 500.

Advanced English 70%. 5/40
Chemistry 60% 3/15
Mathematics failed miserably... 40%. It was ranked 3/20 though, was a difficult test, and i basically bludged the whole of year 11 bar the last term. I'm relatively happy with this, considering i went from around 15/20 to 3/20, from one exam.

Software Design and Development 95%. Class average was only 48%. I'm absolutely killing this course. 1/23. All assigments 90+%
Information Processes and Technology 95%. Class average was only 56% Absolutely killing this class as well. 1/15 All assigments 90+%
Information Technology 92%. Absolutely killing this class as well... 1/16

I'm not sure as to whether my high end results will pull me up high enough to cover up my sluggish marks with chemistry and mathematics. I intend on really picking up on either chem or maths, and hoping to pull maybe a 70+ and going to rely ALOT on ranks and assessments to try and get me through. Mathematics may end up not counting towards my atar.

I'm also unsure as to whether everyone else's low results will drag me down..

Also, how hard would it be to obtain band 6's in IPT/SDD and IT?

Last edited:

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
You are at a very low ranking school so it is hard to estimate, also Yr11 does not equate to Yr12 a lot changes, your are already doing well in 3 of your subjects, but as I said a lot changes with regard to what you learn in Yr12 so it is really too early to tell, return here with your half yearly ranks if you want a far more accurate estimate, but imo with these ranks you should be able to get 70/71.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Thankyou...
Although, i can't say i'm happy with the estimate. It's ridiculous how your school affects your atar so much.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou...
Although, i can't say i'm happy with the estimate. It's ridiculous how your school affects your atar so much.
If you can come 1st in every subject then it doesn't matter what school you go to, you are unbound in the maximum ATAR you can acheive, so even 99.95 is acheivable, however you must place 1st in all of your subjects.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
If you can come 1st in every subject then it doesn't matter what school you go to, you are unbound in the maximum ATAR you can acheive, so even 99.95 is acheivable, however you must place 1st in all of your subjects.
Thanks mate, this helps alot. Just shows me that i need to pull my weight and pull some nice 70-80s in chem and mathematics.

I think your estimate will make me work alot harder. Thankyou, and all the best with your atar results in the mail soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)