ATAR estimate? Is 82 still possible? (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
My ranks are:

English Advanced - 7/32
English Extention 1 - 3/11
Economics - 2/6
General Maths - 1/28
Business Studies - 4/11
Studies Of Religion - 27/36
Legal Studies - 5/11

My school rank is in the 300s :(

Am I on track for 82 or should I consider a different course/career?

ClassOf2013

HSC
So i'm guessing 82 is going to be a struggle? What might I realistically get with those ranks?

SophxMusic

HSC
Your studies of religion mark might hurt, but as you have more than 10 units it will cancel out if moderation doesn't work in your favour.
Just a tip to help maximise...if you feel you are running out of time to study, focus on your worse subjects first.
For example if your General Maths mark is around 80, but your English is around 90, an extra 2 marks in maths will do a lot more for your ATAR than an extra 2 marks in English will. It has to do with averages and where you sit in regards to everyone else sitting that course... 82 in Maths will place you above a lot more people compared to a mark of 80 than a mark of 92 will compared to 90.
If that makes sense. Haha.
Although that being said you want to try and blitz legal, general maths and business because the scaling will absolutely kill your ATAR if you score too low in relation to everybody else.
A girl in the year above me did similar subjects to you (in terms of amount of scaling etc.), she did general maths, standard english, biology, legal, business and pdhpe.
She worked her ass off, ranked first in Legal, Business and Biology and was close to the top in all others and she ended up with an ATAR of 88. That being said, she managed a Band 6 in Legal with mid to high band 5's in all her other subjects.
It's possible, but don't underestimate how well you need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)