HSC
School Rank: 50-70, typically 60ish.

English Adv: 5/270
English Ext 1: 3-5/28
English Ext 2: 2/15
Ancient History: 4/54
Modern History: Could be anywhere between 4-30/50
General Maths: 10-15/132

Some of the rankings for my subjects haven't been finalised, and people are still in the process of contesting marks and stuff. I know there's a massive difference in the modern rank, but if you could maybe give me an estimate on a ranking of 4-5 in Modern and another on a ranking of around 20-30th in Modern, that would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!

ymbhakimi

HSC
Wow, you really think that high? I kinda started the year with that sort of estimate in mind, but really messed up some of my trial results because I was really sick during some of the exams and all. I had misadventure for the exams where it particularly affected me, but still really gutted about messing up my last set of exams before HSC. Slightly more optimistic with that sort of estimate though. Our ancient and modern cohort is pretty inconsistent so I know I'll have to blitz the HSC exam for those subjects, which I think is entirely possible.

ymbhakimi

HSC
Really hope it's not as low as 91-94, but thank you :) The more opinions the better. As long as I can get a 95-96 in Advanced, a 94-95 in Ext 1, an early to mid 90's in Ancient and a mid 90's in General, hopefully I'll be okay. Just a bit nervous with 4u and Modern because I have no idea how I'll end up in those. I'm ranked second internally in 4u but I really wasn't happy with the final product, so I guess we'll see. As for modern, I know I can blitz the HSC for it, but really messed up internals. The lowest I think I can get for Modern is maybe 80, but I'm praying it's really a late 80's or just a 90.

ymbhakimi

HSC
Typically, around 60-70 B6 in Advanced, last year there were 22 E4's in 3U, but would be lucky for there to be 10 even this year because weaker cohort, 7 E4's in 4u last year but will be lucky for there to be more than 1 this year. Ancient we've had over 10 B6's before but last year only had 3. I think my cohort is a little better than last year though, and I'm praying my ancient rank is actually 3rd because not finalised. Modern is usually like 5-10 Band 6's, but again, weak humanities cohort this year so I'm assuming max 6 or 7. I think there were like 12-15 B6's in General last year, but fairly sure my cohort is a bit stronger than years before...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)