Atar dilemma: Uts vs sydney uni (1 Viewer)

turbo2007

HSC
i need some advice!

Okay so my atar was 88 and i just got a call from the DEAN from the faculty of engineering at UTS offering me a guaranteed early-bird spot for engineering. The problem is i would rather go to sydney uni because its supposed to be a better course (and more convenient for me). BUT, the catch is that i have to accept my UTS offer before JAN 3rd which means that if i do accept...i cant apply for sydney since the main round offers for uni are like january 20th
So should i decline a free pass to study engineering at UTS in the hope of getting into sydney? bear in mind that the atar for UTS and sydney were 86.2 and 86.5 respectively. As of now my atar is higher so i should be able to get into sydney...but is the risk worth it, since we no longer have uai im hesitant because anything could happen with the new atar system lol.
hmm quite the dilemma, what do you think ??

M@ster P

HSC
i need some advice!

Okay so my atar was 88 and i just got a call from the DEAN from the faculty of engineering at UTS offering me a guaranteed early-bird spot for engineering. The problem is i would rather go to sydney uni because its supposed to be a better course (and more convenient for me). BUT, the catch is that i have to accept my UTS offer before JAN 3rd which means that if i do accept...i cant apply for sydney since the main round offers for uni are like january 20th
So should i decline a free pass to study engineering at UTS in the hope of getting into sydney? bear in mind that the atar for UTS and sydney were 86.2 and 86.5 respectively. As of now my atar is higher so i should be able to get into sydney...but is the risk worth it, since we no longer have uai im hesitant because anything could happen with the new atar system lol.
hmm quite the dilemma, what do you think ??
dude i got the exact same call. the guy told me once you get uts early offer on Jan 3rd, you can can change preferences so you can still be considered for main round offer. This basically means that you can have two offers to choose from, the UTS early round offer and the main round offer (Sydney in your case). BTW Jan 5 is last day to change preferences to be considered for main round meaning you have time to change them.

turbo2007

HSC
ohhh thanks that helped alot!!

are you certain i can do that though? cause that would be a dream come true :O !

M@ster P

HSC
ohhh thanks that helped alot!!

are you certain i can do that though? cause that would be a dream come true :O !
99% sure, the other 1% is if the guy is a liar but i doubt that, you can always call them to make sure but it sounds logical to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)