atar cut offfs (1 Viewer)

blurp

HSC
I finished HSC in 2011, if i take a gap year this year i know theres a chance cut offs will go up.. but I'm going to reapply thru uac for a course in august.. i'd be in the non-school leavers category tho, and they'd take my atar into account.. would this affect anything? would i still be able to get into courses in which my atar meets the cut off. Anyone had any experiences with this?

Dylanamali

HSC
yes your ATAR will still be valid so as long as your above the cut-offs you will get into your desired course for 2013.

blurp

HSC
thanks for replying! do you reckon its a good idea to take a gap year to think about the degree i wanna do. Cuz I'm thinking i might not like my deferred one.. the disadvantages would probably be i wouldn't receive bonus points and would be wasting a year. My other option is to do 1 semester, defer 2nd semester till next year reapply thru uac during the time off and possibly change degrees that way.. cuz i heard only atar is taken into account if you have not completed a year of tertiary study.. lol sounds complicated, what do u think i should do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)