Assignments Or Assessments... (1 Viewer)

Norma.Jean

HSC
Assignment is when you are given 2 or 3 weeks beforehand...

And an assessment is when you get tested on it...

hmm. okay rephrase.
Assignment - work at home, handing in work from time to time to check, using resource material
Assessment - 2 hour exam or sitting at school and over with

:argue: these guys make more sense than me...haha

ratcher0071

HSC
Norma.Jean said:
Assignment is when you are given 2 or 3 weeks beforehand...

And an assessment is when you get tested on it...

hmm. okay rephrase.
Assignment - work at home, handing in work from time to time to check, using resource material
Assessment - 2 hour exam or sitting at school and over with

:argue: these guys make more sense than me...haha
I'd prefer assignment :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Exam. Get it over and done with. Assignments are too stressful.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I would choose Assignments because they do really seem like, well, "free marks". "This is what we want you to do, and this is how long you have to do it. And here are the instructions." So you can't really go wrong.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Aplus said:
I would choose Assignments because they do really seem like, well, "free marks". "This is what we want you to do, and this is how long you have to do it. And here are the instructions." So you can't really go wrong.
True.
Assignments are good, if you read the question and answer it properly, and satisfy everything in the criteria - it's actually pretty easy. Plus you get a lot more time to do it - even though sometimes that can be a bad thing.

ratcher0071

HSC
ahhliss said:
Exam. It's stuff we've learnt and even without study, some of the work in class must have been absorbed.

I hate assignments because you have to research and work for a few days or weeks. I suck at time management and stay up late the night before.
Amen sister :D

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i would prefer exams over assignments as i'm using bad with time management and at least for exams u cant get a 0,coz u prolly do know some stuff

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Depends on the subject some things like bio i like assessments, things like Food tech i like both, and things like eng i like assignments so it varies from subject to subject

HSC
assignments cos they're easy to ace if you put the effort in and you can get full marks if you fulfil all of the criteria

The Kaiser

HSC
I perfer Assignments because it is easier for me to do well in them as there is a longer period of time to check for Mistakes/Errors etc and there is much less pressure when i'm doing it.

For exams/assessments because it is a much shorter period of time, I find myself rushing and making very silly mistakes.

I just hate the fact that classwork/Assignments contribute to nothing in my report/final mark except for effort because I'm near top in my classes in most of my subjects in that area.

thisbetterwork

HSC
N/A
Generally assignments. Although assessments are good if you have a overview of what to study...

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm divided. On the one hand, exams/tests are short and I can get them over and done with. On the other hand, often they're way too short, and I like access to my materials.

Likewise with take-home assessments - access to resources, time to do them are good. However I usually procrastinate too much about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)