Assignment printing is making me poor! cheap printers? (1 Viewer)

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
So I went to Officeworks to print my assignment... turns out they charge a "downloading fee" - so for them to stick my usb in, and open the pdf to print... I had to pay $7 on top of printing charges per page ($1.50 per page for colour), then pay for binding materials + plastic covers.

The price at the end was quite ridiculous...

I've also been to MBE where they charged me $2.50 per page (ended up costing over $70 for a 30 page assignment).

So, does anyone in Sydney know of anywhere that does good cheap colour printing?

Not to be tight or anything, but I can't afford $50+ just to print every assignment... yes I do have my own printer, but I do alot of colour printing so I'd rather get it printed elsewhere.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
I have a printer that takes like 5 different inks... so if one runs out, the whole printer doesn't work. They're full colour documents of 20 + pages, so it's easier to just get it done elsewhere.

lil-chilean

HSC
maybe u should update your printer.you can get some cheap ones at like big w and that .shouldn't cost more than about $200.or maybe start printting in black and white thats what i do and don't get marked down casue of it

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I have a printer that takes like 5 different inks... so if one runs out, the whole printer doesn't work. They're full colour documents of 20 + pages, so it's easier to just get it done elsewhere.
Just get the inks. The fact that it takes 5 different ones is good, can replace the colours you use more often without chucking away cartridges full of other colours.

Dont really need to get official ink cartridges either, just get good quality ones compatible with your printer.

Oh and if you got quite a bit to spend, just buy a laser printer. Deffinetely worth it.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I agree with replacing the cartridges, just make sure that if you still have a warranty on the printer that using cheaper ink cartridges doesn't void it.

I got lucky when it came to a printer, happened to know a business that was closing down and got a free b/w laser printer and monitor out of it. They're not top of the range, but they do the job.

jirwin

HSC
How much does it cost to buy all five cartridges?

Mine takes 4 and they cost $70 all up - definitely get more then 1-2 assignments printed from that so its cheaper to buy the cartridges in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)