• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Assignment - Phenotype (1 Viewer)

Moulieg

HSC
Just wondering if anyone else has done a similar assignment and what they had for results, i need some drastic help you see, my experiment went wrong and i've only got one of the plants that i was testing against left after an incident and thus i don't have any variables to report on let alone an entire assignement!, so if anyone has results on this experiment/assignment, help would be appreciated !

The Task

Design and carry out an individual first-hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of the environment on a chosen Phenotype (physical characteristic)

a) Choose resources to perform a valid first-hand investigation to test the effect of the environment on an organism's phenotype.
b) Keep a log book to show your procedure, raw data and draft work. This log book may include pictures.
c) Safely perform the investigation, graoh and analyse the data collected.
d) Discuss the validity and reliability of the data in respect to your procedure, suggest ways to minimise error and improve your design.

As i said above any help would be appreciated, i've got my log book but if anyone has an example of a good log book could i see it to compare my own? Also even if my experiment is different to any others which are suggested to me, that is fine, i'm willing to do anything to get a decent mark in this assignment, thanks in advance!

Moulieg

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Moulieg said:
Just wondering if anyone else has done a similar assignment and what they had for results, i need some drastic help you see, my experiment went wrong and i've only got one of the plants that i was testing against left after an incident and thus i don't have any variables to report on let alone an entire assignement!, so if anyone has results on this experiment/assignment, help would be appreciated !

The Task

Design and carry out an individual first-hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of the environment on a chosen Phenotype (physical characteristic)

a) Choose resources to perform a valid first-hand investigation to test the effect of the environment on an organism's phenotype.
b) Keep a log book to show your procedure, raw data and draft work. This log book may include pictures.
c) Safely perform the investigation, graoh and analyse the data collected.
d) Discuss the validity and reliability of the data in respect to your procedure, suggest ways to minimise error and improve your design.

As i said above any help would be appreciated, i've got my log book but if anyone has an example of a good log book could i see it to compare my own? Also even if my experiment is different to any others which are suggested to me, that is fine, i'm willing to do anything to get a decent mark in this assignment, thanks in advance!

Moulieg
Use bean plants and put them in different environments to see how they grow...measure leaf size, height etc...
For example - one can be in a dark room and compare it to one in the light...at first the one in the dark room will have a growth spurt searching for light and then it will eventually be beaten by the one in the light...or the one doped up on fertilizers (for the fertilizers i found they had bigger leafs as opposed to being heaps taller).

ShaneMcMaster

HSC
I also have this assignment and i'm having trouble planing it...if anyone can help feel free to contact me over here or by email or msn messenger...much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)