• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Assignment on Change (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
i have this assesment and it states as one point to
Give a brief outline of the content of the text
Describe the techniques the composer has used to present these ideas and issues

For the first point, do i just do a plot outline, also how long (roughly) do u think it should be?
For the second one can someone give me an example of a technique...i cant think!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
yeh i think it depends on the text as to what techniques they mean.. and as for the length, do you have a word limit for the whole thing? because you can usually allocate an amount of words to each question if you do, but if you dont just make it as long as you like.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
well this assignment is gay :( it doesnt specify any word limit for anything, for the content one should i just outline the plot or do that and add other stuff???

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
How many text do you have to talk about?

I did a class presentation on 2 texts (hey I'm doing change for my 2U Eng too) and they were about 1500 words all up at first, but since it's a presentation for 5.5 minutes max. I had to cut some out.

If you are doing an esssay I say 750-800 words for one text. Just remember, don't crap on, they want quality not quantity.

cko

HSC
i did this assessment in yr 11 too. Except I had to pic out 4 different texts types (like film, painting, movel, movie, etc). U should try to write about 400 words includign the outline of your text and techniques used to demonstrate the change. In outlining your text, u just need to write brifly what your text is about. If ur having difficulty with techniques go to www.englishteacher.com.au and go to the students section.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Oh yeh, one more point,
don't talk too much about the What(the text is about) talk more on the How(the techniques are used to convey the idea of change).
=)

cko

HSC
yeh just name the technique and say that it links to change. For example, flashbacks in a linear time frame is a technique which demonstrates change. Or u could say alliteration is a technique which demonstrates change because alliteration allows something to have a mor profound or clearer meaning. Something like that

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by (^o^)
Oh yeh, one more point,
don't talk too much about the What(the text is about) talk more on the How(the techniques are used to convey the idea of change).
=)
about this, what u said is required for the other point, so for the content one do i jus talk about the plot?
Originally posted by (^o^)
Oh yeh, one more point,
=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)