Assignment HELP needed please.. (1 Viewer)

Miz Janani

HSC
I have an assignment which asks me to answer this dot point:

Analyse information from secondary sources to identify examples of the use of transgenic species and use available evidence to debate the ethical issues arising from the development and use of transgenic species.

I'm so lost :confused: I seriously have no idea what to do. And we still haven't studies it in class so it's all my own research.

Does anyone have any useful site that could help me??

Btw, the question state:
- an introduction that explains the meaning of the term transgenic species
- THREE examples of transgenic species (at east one animal and one plant species) that have been created.
- Explain the reason for the creation of each of the above transgenic species.
- Describe the ethical issues (arguments fr and against) that arise from the developmental and use of transgenic species.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

samthebear

HSC
have you tried your textbook first? and is your teacher going to cover it sometime before the assignment is due? if your teacher isnt he/she is pretty slack with teaching imo.

anyways i suggest you try your texbook first and for the examples i've got two:
Bt cotton and Strawberries with a salmon gene inserted to make it more resistant to the cold. just google those two - for a third example try googling "Transgenic species"

The definition of transgenic speices can be found by simply googling (for those who're too lazy here's a link: transgenic species definition | Dictionary.com but all i did was stick "Transgenic species what are" in google and clicked on a link)

and ethical issues are usually covered in textbooks (the level of detail may vary from textbook to textbook but generally your textbook is a good starting point) and any further information can be googled.

ajay098

HSC
ur textbook is gud, if not try csu website. im sure if u google it there will be a lot of stuff on transgenic species :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)