assessment (1 Viewer)

Rose_Punk

HSC
ok so i have this in-class assessment:

Changing nature and location of industrial, commerical and residential land in Sydney.
Do i write about urban dynamics like urban renewal, suburbanisation and stuff?

Sydneys future growth and direction.
Do i write about urban sprawl, establishment of busniness parks?

i really need help

thanks all

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
For the first part you'd write about what you listed. Define the urban dynamics, and give some examples of where they're occurring today. For that particular point you'd focus on how manufacturing has moved away from the city and that in Sydney now it's mainly residential/commercial. And so it moved to the outer areas [Wetherill Park etc] or other cities, like Wollongong and Newcastle.
Basically, choose a few areas where each urban dynamic is occurring and make sure you name them!
And don't forget to talk about the changing nature of industry and how we're now more focused on tertiary/quaternary sectors.

For growth/future directions it's not really about urban sprawl in a defined sense, although it's important to say that Sydney is how it is because of urban sprawl. You'd need to know which areas of Sydney are growing [Macarthur, South Creek Valley, areas in the north west etc]. We also learnt about the transport systems and how they're important in connecting Sydney. And you can also discuss how our current infrastructure may not be suitable for the 60000 or so new people moving here every year.

Those are just some basic ideas to get you started.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
well yes it sounds like part of the urban dynamics section of the course.

But make sure you name casestudies... and do as midnight said.

You should go well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)