assessment word limits (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
what is generally acceppted 5-10%+-?

also i am writing a description about my own employment which is asked ("your work and employment relationship) is it alright to use first person narrative otherwise it is going to sound stupid

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Tenille said:

also i am writing a description about my own employment which is asked ("your work and employment relationship) is it alright to use first person narrative otherwise it is going to sound stupid
Depends on what faculty and whos marking. Generally? I'd say 10% + or - MAX....

some arseholes wont even let u go one word over. fuckers.

What is this thing ur doing. Id find it rather difficult not using 1st person. Is the question directed at u specifically?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Submit a written description of the nature of his/her/your (if you don't work yourself you could interview someone who does) work and employment relationship

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Tenille said:

It's better to hit your tutor/lecturer/subject co-ordinator with that question because a lot of the answer is actually tied with which subject it is, and the personal preferences of the markers.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
ok should i leave a message on web ct (which has not been used at all for this subject) or email the lecturer directly (i don't know who my tutor is because we havent had tutes yet)?

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Well i have posted a question on web ct but will anyone reply?

Stupid subjective question, it took me like half an hour to find the actual question hahaha anyone who didnt turn up to the first lecture won't know about it or will have only a couple of hours to do it on the day its due depending on when their tute is.

Does a 10% assessment have a significant impact on the long term of things?

santaslayer

HSC
Tenille said:
Well i have posted a question on web ct but will anyone reply?

Stupid subjective question, it took me like half an hour to find the actual question hahaha anyone who didnt turn up to the first lecture won't know about it or will have only a couple of hours to do it on the day its due depending on when their tute is.

could mean the difference between a pass and a pass conceeded/fail.

Could also mean a D or a HD.....

depends if u care enuff though....

HSC
Tenille said:
A bit of a stab in the dark, but I guess it'll account for somewhere around 10% of your final mark. For those of you playing at home, that means that 90% of your final mark isn't determined by this assessment. This means that approximately one in ten of your final marks will come from this assessment, making them non-critical, but still nice to have.

It's also important to note that some subjects are automatically failed if any single component of the scheduled assessments is failed, while others allow you to pass as long as your final mark is above the pass mark (Or perhaps if your mark is above this AND you pass the final exam, again, this varies).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)