Assessment ranks (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
Just a random question that sounds dumb but I'm going to ask it anyway:

Let's say that my internal assessment mark for a subject is like 95 with the first rank. Is it true that if I don't try at all for the HSC in that subject and end up getting a bad mark, I'll get the final exam mark of the person who was ranked second internally (with like a ~94 mark) but got the highest in the HSC exam in my cohort?

If so, does that mean I can completely bludge out my hsc exam for a subject I ranked internally first in, but still do really well because of my rank?

Just a hypothetical .....

idkkdi

HSC

Let's say that my internal assessment mark for a subject is like 95 with the first rank. Is it true that if I don't try at all for the HSC in that subject and end up getting a bad mark, I'll get the final exam mark of the person who was ranked second internally (with like a ~94 mark) but got the highest in the HSC exam in my cohort?

If so, does that mean I can completely bludge out my hsc exam for a subject I ranked internally first in, but still do really well because of my rank?

50/50 internal/external bludge one half if u want lol.

doing well is not likely if u bludge externals lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it true that if I don't try at all for the HSC in that subject and end up getting a bad mark, I'll get the final exam mark of the person who was ranked second internally (with like a ~94 mark) but got the highest in the HSC exam in my cohort?
No, I don't think this is true. This is because your assessment mark is not determined in the same way your exam mark is determined.

With moderation, the highest assessment mark is adjusted to equal the highest exam mark of any student in the school group. While your internal assessment mark is moderated, you receive your own HSC exam mark, meaning it comes down to your own performance in the external exams.

This is very important because the HSC exam contributes 50% towards your final mark for a subject. Having performed well internally and received an optimal final rank should not make you think about potentially sacrificing your performance in your HSC exams. On the contrary, it should motivate you to keep studying hard and thoroughly preparing for all the exams you'll be sitting so that you can perform well and hopefully achieve great final marks and ultimately a great ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

HSC
N/A

Your internal mark is the exam mark based on your internal rank, your external mark is 100% your own hsc exam mark

so for example your rank 1, you will get the highest exam mark in your internals and your own exam mark in your external, then 50/50 for your overall hsc mark.

Just hope that other people in your class aren't bludging as well haha or else the highest exam mark about to be 75

rajeshtheting

HSC

yep like the people before me have said only ur internal mark gets moderated ur external mark is what u get so if u were to bludge u could sacrifice a band 6 potentially by not continuing the hard yards through externals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)