HSC
ok now that i actually know all my rankings for subjects;

Religion 1u- 40th out of 300
Business- 14th out of 70
IPT- 11th out of 51
Eng Adv- 15th out of 172
Eng Ext- 10th out of 29
Legal- 6th out of 60

im wondering if these ranks indicate that im on track for a UAI around 90 or so, and if not, how much you reckon i'd need to pull em up. Im not expecting precise or accurate answers or anything, I'm just unsure how the marks and shit work, and lookin for a bit of advice. thanks :cool:

Last edited:

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i'd like to say that looks like a uai of 90... but to tell the truth, i don't really know.. as far as i'm concerned, all my marks go into a box in one end, and a magic number comes out of the box from the other end. what happens in the box is jus a mystery...

i think it also might depend on how your school goes overall; how your school average compares to that of other schools.

dya reckon u could ask your teachers if they could get an estimate for you? our school does that for everyone each time we have assessments; sometimes they're not that accurate but that depends on how consistently ppl work. (ask someone in the maths dept; they'll prolli understand the scaling n stuf betta ;) )

or u can download a uai-estimate-machine from the web... i'm pretty skeptical about the numbers they put out but i suppose they might provide a guide... does anyone have anythign to say about uaiseeker?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I'd guess high 80s, maybe scraping into the low 90s.

I agree...300 people is a fucking lot!:eek: We only had like 120 in our grade...

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
yeah i spose we do have a lotta ppl in the grade. more than 300, probably around 400-500 now. We started year 11 with 500, and some ppl have probably dropped out since then.. the total number of the ppl in the school is about 1000 people (400-500 in yr 12, 500 or more in yr 11)

big school, i suppose. i never really thought about how many ppl other schools have in their year 12 :apig:

thanks for the replies. I havnt been doing as well as i should this year, and im gonna work hard on the trials/remaining assesments to bring my ranks up to what i want.

..oh yeah, and study for the HSC a bit too, maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)