Arts students - what are you doing? (1 Viewer)

heidi_kak

HSC
natstar said:
Do you do much group work in Arts subjects. I dont see really how you can. I know essays would be a big part.
lots and lots and lots and lots of reading

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've never had a group work assignment. I've also only ever had one formal exam. The rest have been "informal tests" in class where you're given the question beforehand anyway.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I'm majoring in Japanese. Since I'm doing a double degree, I can chop thirty-six credit points (five or six subjects) off each degree. After my Japanese major, I'll have very little to do.
Considering I can't stand most of the disciplines offered by Arts (they just don't appeal), I'm tempted to undertake Mathematics subjects to finish of the degree. Not quite Arts material, but oh well.

chepas

HSC
Will choose French and Music as majors, then will rack off to France for exchange Sept 07- May 08 then defer for travel, (then maybe do assistantship in French high school helping to teach English.)

Then come back here, finish degree, then do BTeach or MTeach and teach French and Music in high school. (I calculated that I will finally be out of uni about 2012/2013).

:D

Maybe go on to do Masters, coursework for French... but this of course is yeeears away. Wouldn't mind doing the maîtrise/masters in France or in Quebec. Mmmm fully State-funded French tertiary education... :p~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)