• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Arts results (1 Viewer)

Talitha31

HSC
Hi
I was wondering what the spread of marks are generally for essay-assessed arts subjects, at the top end. What is the top mark, usually? [I've heard it is practically impossible to get 95+, is this true?] And how many people typically get H1?

X

xeuyrawp

Depends on the uni, depends on the faculty/school/college/whatever, depends on the department, depends on the subject, depends on the size, etc.

You're better to ask in the relevant subforum of your uni, or give details here so people can help.

hannahxxx

HSC
Talitha31 said:
Hi
I was wondering what the spread of marks are generally for essay-assessed arts subjects, at the top end. What is the top mark, usually? [I've heard it is practically impossible to get 95+, is this true?] And how many people typically get H1?
My friend just got her mark back for a second year cultural studies subject ( which focussed on "theories of subjectivity") and got 96/100 as her final grade. She barely spoke up in tuts and left all her assignments till the week before, so personally I think that's a pretty good grade. But yeah 90+ is very do-able if you're willing to put in the work. Having said this my friend and I go to Macquarie Uni, and the uni you go to ( the level of competition etc) would probably effect your grades

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
As has already been said, it varies so much between universities, and within universities, between schools and lecturers.

One of my politics lecturers has a well known policy that it is impossible to get above 90 for an essay- but for another of my politics subjects I was averaging 97 before a stupid group presentation brought me down. It's just so different.
(For reference, I topped one of my second year politics subjects with an 88, and came second in a second year sociology subject with an 84. This is at the University of Wollongong.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)