Arts/Law or International Studies/Law - PLEAAAAASE HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

alphophil

HSC
N/A
Hi!

Our UAC preferences are due in a few days and I am still undecided as to what to do next year and have a few questions.

1) In general, what is the difference between a Bachelor of International Studies and a Bachelor of Arts?
2) In your opinion does Law combine better with Arts or International Studies?
3) With a Combined Law degree (coupled with either Arts or International Studies), what occupations can I pursue other than becoming a lawyer?
4) Is there any way I can enter Journalism with these degrees?

I would really really really appreciate if anyone could answer either/all questions and help me out with my situation.

windupbird1

HSC
N/A
You're in luck, if you're interested in journalism you should have a look at the new B.law/B.Media (Communication & Journalism) program offered at UNSW for 2013.

alphophil

HSC
N/A
thanks for that! I'll check it out :) I'm a little apprehensive about doing Journalism though because of its popularity and lack of actual jobs available in the workforce.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Really depends on what you major in. Arts is a pretty broad degree,but all in all it gives little employability specifically. Go with International Studies/Law just because there's a better theme to it then Arts/Law. There's always a chance you could be working on international law,etc..as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)