Article on Computing jobs (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Yeah, welll we kind of expected this when we did a computing course, but it's not good to see that future trends are not hopeful either ...

Giant Lobster

HSC
It won't remain like this i bet... articles like that will always make it out worse than it really is.

HSC
haha only if you wanna earn 1 dollar a day!

yeah i reckon the IT industry would come back! they say there was IT indutry is long gone but technology, i believe, is here to stay!

its only a matter of time that the IT industry starts to get back on its feet!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Looks like we'll just have to wait for world economies to pick up. Obviously computing is a major market, I don't think it can get much worse..

*crosses fingers*

yoshi

Originally posted by skip to my lou
haha only if you wanna earn 1 dollar a day!
Tsk tsk! This is irrelevant. If you live in one of those outsourcee countries, such as India -- where being a software engineer is a very high-class and high-paying gig -- the standard of living you could expect would be good to very good.

Of course people can be hired cheaper from other countries -- because the US dollar works a hell of a lot harder in places like China and India than it does in the US!

This is still immoral IMO, because the companies are shafting their nation's development and their own tech sector. Once an Indian programmer came from India and moved to the US, you can bet he'd want/need one hell of a pay-rise. It is hardly slave labour, what they are doing, but it ain't right either.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by anti
Looks like we'll just have to wait for world economies to pick up. Obviously computing is a major market, I don't think it can get much worse..

*crosses fingers*
I'll see what I can forecast for you guys :D

Hmm I guess the world is becoming more efficient..from a naive perspective, this works out better for everyone, because nations are now operating with 'comparative advantage' in regards to the IT industry. Unfortunately, Australia has a relatively inefficient and poor performing IT sector, hence why, due to globalisation, more and more of the jobs are moving off to the developing nations, such as India and China

Last edited:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
go away McLake :p
it's all your fault !

and thanks minai..... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)