• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Artexpress (1 Viewer)

V

val_dramaqueen

anyone got an idea as to when we find out nominations for Artexpress?

and can anyone tell me when submitted works get marked? ;)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
they are getting marked as we speak
and out BOD's should be back in the middle of our hsc
(thats what i was told!)

bubble_tea

I heard that they're going easier on the marking this year..
they're giving extra marks for those they think took up the time wisely.. they're setting up the artworks now and marking them in mid october

V

val_dramaqueen

ARGGGHHHH!!!!

im scared! hope everything works out well!! ARRGGGHHH!!!

and i hope my major work didn't break on the way to sydney :(

frazzle

HSC
how do we find out? does the BOS contact us? or the school? and how? phone/mail etc. if you'll excuse my ignorance...

V

val_dramaqueen

mine might break cause it's a weable and the whole skirt is made up of paper layers... im thinking the paper might tear and stuff... :'(

but, yes... how DO we find out if people get selected/nominated for Artexpress? mail? fax? email? pigeon?

Jase

HSC
If you get shortlisted, you get a letter.
If you make it, you get another letter.
then you're in!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I know you get the letter sometime during your exams. Or at least, that was the case last year. Or maybe that wasn't OUR letter... I think our teacher came and told us because she got the letter first.

danie

a fool
HSC
Our teacher told us that we get our BOW's some time during October and if you don't get them back when they've been sent back it means it's been shortlisted. I'm crossing my fingers I don't get mine back...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
art teacher wants my diary, i guess either i've been shortlisted or they think i've cheated :p
I'm so glad they didn't ask for mine. It was all a load of waffle that made little-to-no sense. Either way, look on the bright side - you've probably been shortlisted, and they thought your work was so great, that they want to make sure you did it yourself. :D

lil_lainy

HSC
well even if they r marking them at the mo i dont think they will tell anyoen aoyt artexpress reuluts for a while cause lots of school have them like marked at school, like mine for example...and they dont come till like early november/late december...

dus anyone here no about 'express yourself', its another exibition like art express except just like in the manly wharringh area, so easier to get into, is anyone in that area?

yeh i hope no one looks at my diary either cause it looks like poo, it is so rough and ther is only like 20 pgs of work or sumthing

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
art teacher wants my diary, i guess either i've been shortlisted or they think i've cheated :p
i think the deal with diaries is, they request it in one of the followign situations:

- you've done awesomely, and you might get into artexpress or just get an awesome mark

- there's a big discrepency between markers. say one guy gave you 48/50 and someone else gave you 33, something like that.

- they want to know if there's more to your work than appears (like, loads of conceptual development / theory resulting in an apparently simple/uncomplicated work

- they suspect plagiarism, or cheating, that sort of thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)