Artexpress (1 Viewer)

lindal372

yay i got preselected too, I am live in the country so does that mean i have better chance of getting in the the regional tour?

angelxfunk

HSC
so whats the regional tour? and is it a part of artexpress? how many people were selected from your art classes? only 2 from ours were selected. but it seems that most people know of one or more people that were selected so you would think it would exceed the 800ppl they told us about in the artexpress letter?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
uhhh...
Regional tour is regional artworks go around like all year to all different galleries in like coffs harbour n shit, I was the only person selected from my class....
It might exceed the 800 or so..... 800 is alot of people, there could be more,but like everyone here is pretty into art n shit so u'd kinda expect it.

Caboodles

I live near Grafton in rural NSW, and just recently saw the regional tour, we were one of the last stops for the exhibition, and they were incredibly awesome! The only problem was that some of the sculptural works were damaged....like one of the books that a girl made the handmade/ decorated box it was in was ripped and stuff.
Only one person was selected from our school. Though we have a relatively small class size- around 10 students. So it was great to be preselected.
In terms of the 800 people selection, yeah I think it will exceed 800 but not by too much though...I guess any higher may make it difficult for the assessors and stuff.
I also asked my teacher about posting our art books when preselected, and they didn't need to be in this year. I was curious as to why they dont need em. Anyone know?

lindal372

in our class of 20 we had six that were chosen so i think thats a pretty good average, but seriously the competition is pretty big and you never know what exactly they r looking for......

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
only 3 out of our class of 9 got selected. I was really surprised, I thought our classes works were better than previous years in which more works were nominated.

piratedebbie

HSC
yeh well we had two art classes of about 15 each an d3 out of the two classes got selected. hahaha and thats heaps compared to other previous years! hahahaha our school is rural and most teh kids that select art rnt serious about it and as a consequence produce quite shite art pieces ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)