ArtExpress 2005 (1 Viewer)

s_kisses

HSC
hahaha yeah i reckon everybody does. i mean..who actually hopes that they DONT get a letter? everyone has a secret wish to even receive the short list letter....
i was like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOO! runnin around my house when i got my letter lol originally i thought there was no hope of me gettin in and thought it was a crock...but hey

soso

HSC
N/A
Some people start the year by saying to everybody they want to get into art express.

They are usually the ones who don't as they don't listen to advice.

tro

yeah i always thought everything was wanky in Art Express especially the videoes.....then i got my animation shown at Art Express everywhere this year... :$

Mind you i made conserted effort not to make it wanky :p

HSC
N/A
i think that 1/2 the stuff in art express is complete crap!! like did any1 c the 3 panels that were painted blue and had red n white lines through it?? aparently it was ment 2 be water :S (sori if u know who did it or watever) but seriously if that got in..i think id be very concerned if i got picked!!

s_kisses

HSC
Originally posted by babygirrl **HoOchie**
i think that 1/2 the stuff in art express is complete crap!! like did any1 c the 3 panels that were painted blue and had red n white lines through it?? aparently it was ment 2 be water :S (sori if u know who did it or watever) but seriously if that got in..i think id be very concerned if i got picked!!
was that work at the art gallery of nsw???

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
anybody know when its going to be in newcastle???
a friend on mine got in (his work was amazing) and i want to go and see it,.. but i dont know when it will be here???

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by babygirrl **HoOchie**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^I think she was talking about the one at the Art Gallery...It was in like the first room & was just 3 panels of a dark blue background with wavy white streaks...It was pretty weak I do agree haha but SHIT YEAH! Everyone wants to get in ay haha...

So so is a fucken wise person I was exactly that person that said fuck advice..I don't listen to anyone & I'll make the greatest work ever but hey I'm learning the advantages of listening to your teacher...teacher's mad too so all is well haha good luck to all..Hope to see yas at Art Express!..

s_kisses

HSC
hahahahaahHAHA THAT WAS MY ARTWORK

"(sori if u know who did it or watever) but seriously if that got in..i think id be very concerned if i got picked!! "

i was NOT IN THE LEAST concerned thank you very much as I thought I deserved it. I put months of work into that you have no idea. It was actually 6 panels, and there wasnt ANY red used in it..so obviously you didnt even take a very hard look at it or read the citation. I did the whole thing using my HANDS with oil sticks and did 3 layers on each of the 6. i put my hands & fingers through months of pain for it i had NO help or guidance from an art teacher and ended up getting 49/50 as my trial mark for it.
I didnt expect to get into art express but the director lesley actually called me after i got in and asked me to go out to the marking centre and have publicity shots done with it so NER

so hoochie & skryp or who ever you are you're just some amateur yr 12ers hoping to get into art express...dont be so judgemental and critical of others cause you have no idea of what some of us who got in went through or what the markers are looking for and obviously they found it in mine.

well thats my 5 cents worth
good luck to you both with the rest of your BOWs i sincerely hope they work out well

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
don't do stuff with the aim of getting into art express. just do stuff you like, and can deal with doing for a year. that usually works.

s_kisses

HSC
^ exactly
i chose water as my subject because i love rowing and find myself surrounded by the beautiful water at 5am most mornings

S T A R

hey guys i thought i might put my two bits in...
my dream has been to get into art express ever since i took art in year nine.. i guess im just a dreamer but hey you get that u really do..
i dont no about the advice though because the teachers at my school just say dont expect to get into art express cos none of u's will.. they hav no faith in us.. its just that art is what i love and basically the only reason why im still at school.
so yeah just thought id get that off my chest.

and i liked your artwork s_kisses!

jaNetix

pls pls pls...do NOT HAVE UR HEART SET ON ARTXPRESS!!

do the best u can..i had mine set since like yr 9.....and i was shattered wen i didnt get shortlisted...the fact that i was one mark too low only made it worse!!

so just be happy with it for wat it is!!

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by s_kisses
"(sori if u know who did it or watever) but seriously if that got in..i think id be very concerned if i got picked!! "
lol woops!!

I put months of work into that you have no idea. It was actually 6 panels, and there wasnt ANY red used in it..so obviously you didnt even take a very hard look at it or read the citation.."blah blah blah".. i put my hands & fingers through months of pain for it i had NO help or guidance from an art teacher

months?..and sori no i wasnt ThAt interested in it..wat did ur art teacher think of it? isnt it a rule that teachers cant touch ur work??..

so hoochie & skryp or who ever you are you're just some amateur yr 12ers hoping to get into art express...dont be so judgemental and critical of others

im in yr 11..i dnt giv a shit bout art xpress..and if u reALLy wantd ur artwork 2 b recognised ud hav 2 lern 2 accept criticism darl!!
not tryin 2 put u down..just sayin i saw aLoT of exceLLEnt artworks that *cof* deserved ur spot on that wall....

s_kisses

HSC
yes MONTHS. my art teachers loved it, thats why i had no help or guidance they knew i knew what i was doing. yeah its a rule teachers can't physically help with ur work, they can give u tips/advice etc though, i didnt get any of that.
well maybe that why u bagged it, cause u didnt even give it a chance.

yeah well why weren't their artworks there then? ur not an art marker. well i sure as hell no it was recognised, u and skryp r the only 2 that have criticised it the way u did ive had good feedback from others so ill just forget what u said lol

ta ta

tro

I was constantly bitched about and backstabbed with comments like "anyone can make a video" etc. Still people will look at an animation and not realise what has actually gone into it.

An entire year of working on the thing from when i got home at about 5pm till maybe 2-3am every night. Infact it is all i did my whole HSC...i don't think i did any maths homework at all hehe

Also after spending 2 weeks animating a certain part and rendering the whole thing out at 1 frame per 6 minutes and thats 1 frame outa 24 (making ONE SECOND) of footage, only to find that its decided to render something that was hidden and your character walks through the body of a car is REALLY annoying and stressful.

I got 49/50 for my trial mark and no-one thought i deserved it at all. Quite disheartening to say the least.

I went along to the COFA opening this year and i had a good look at all the other works and i think they were all VERY high quality. Occasionaly you might get a fluke work that someone spent 2 weeks on getting into art express (i think someone had that in their art statement too hehe) but generally i think people spent alot of time on what was there.

Standing in the back of AGNSW once or twice watching people's reactions to my animation was also up setting sometimes when someone would again say "why did that get in. thats not fair i can make such a better movie than that!" (then again next to no sound at AGNSW was shit)......the first time i was happy was when they played my animation on its own at the COFA opening in the lecture theatre WITH SOUND!

Anywayz im gonna shutup now. no1 every reads mine anywayz lol

mariaisfoolish

man alot of u guys sound really quite ignorant right now, i know which one ur talking about and i thought it was good, a bad example of something that shudnt get in. if nething, it was the work at david jones that wasnt too great, but then again, they chose in the end wat makes a good exhibition, u can still go great without getting in.

HSC
N/A
s_kisses i know i came of pretty bitchy n im sori..
it was a bad day 4 me n i shouldnthave taken it out on u...
im not gonna lie n say that i liked ur work, but i guess diff ppl hav diff opinions, u must b real proud u got in2 art xpress..but personally..ive decided i dnt care whether i get in or not..
i honestly cant wait to start my major work..! n maybe u can cum criticize it when im done ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)