• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

arranged marriages - help plz any1 (1 Viewer)

sammi176

hi, for my 2005 pip topic i am doing indian arranged marriages. I have found a couple of refiened topics for possible ideas and any recommendations and which one would be good to is appreciated. They include:

1. indian arranged marriages :for love or security?
2. Something to do with why arranged marriages have a lower divorce rate than australia.
3. Indian arranged marriage: should people have the freedom to choose?
4. Indian arranged marriages: freedom of partner choice?

Do any of these sound reasonable?

Also, I have collected a few magazine articles and am able to face - to -face interview with a woman who was part of an arranged marriage. I can also explore how she does not renforce this issue to her daughter. I also have alot of secondary research. I am just inquiring to see if anyone would have any other ideas for primary research?

All ideas will help and are appreciated. Thanks.

tanvi

arranged marriage

Hi :)

As a 2004 Year 12 who SHOULD be studying right now, I am procrastinating; and letting you know that I actually did my PIP this year on Indian arranged marriage. I am not sure how it went yet, but I can send it to you if you'd like any help or anything. It's more on how the practice of arranged marriage has experienced change in the Western world, but who knows, it might help!

I think all your ideas seemed good :) The divorce one could be a bit tricky though, I found it really difficult to get my interview subjects etc. to discuss divorce (it is still a bit of a stigma in India). I would suggest for this PIP topic lots of interviews, and maybe even questionnaires...I don't know. Give me a yell if you need any information.

Tanvi :)

sammi176

oh wow thats heaps good. I think it will be a very interestign topic to explore in more depth and I would like to know how you went once you find out your results. I can onyl interview one lady I know from an arramnged marriages and your eecoomendation of a questionnaire could work as I could find a range of people's opinions regarding this matter. I dont think now I will do it about divorce but more like a case study. I have gathered alot of info already but I am wondering how I iwll obtain info for the cross cultural component. I was thinking of doing it over time but that might be a bit hard. Anyways, thanks for helping it has made me become even more egar to get to work lol. Well best of luck with your results.

sammi176

lol can you even undertsand what I wrote.I made some mistakes..sorry I was typing fast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)