Army and the Reserves. (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Hey,
Is anyone looking at joining the Army after they leave? If so tell me what your gonna do please. I really wanted to drop maths but I cant if I wanna join-bummer.

Also, if anyone is in the reserves can you tell me what its like please. I really wanna join!!!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I was going to join ADFA and was about to go to the interviews in Canberra, but i pulled out. TO become a Medical Officer in the Airforce would mean i was stuck in the defence force till i was 28. I realised i wanted to enjoy life the way i wanted to...
My friend in Launceston passed most of the stages and made it to flight testing in Tamworth for a hercules pilot and he didnt get in..apparently the selection is VERY strict.

My advice is.... just make sure you want the Army as your life....
If not.. go to the reserves as "try before you buy".

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I wanted to do ADFA and become a heli pilot, but basically, I don't have the right subject and my eyes aren't perfect, so I'm gunna do something else. But I'm DEFINITELY joining the reserves. My dad's best mates are all from his time in the reserves, and they all loved it.

~ghost~

i was gonna joino the air force 2, but decided not 2 cuz of the long term contract with them, and that they can place you anywhere at any time, which you'll be away from everyone. :mad:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JimBob said:
I wanted to do ADFA and become a heli pilot, but basically, I don't have the right subject and my eyes aren't perfect, so I'm gunna do something else. But I'm DEFINITELY joining the reserves. My dad's best mates are all from his time in the reserves, and they all loved it.
yeh...i wanted to go adfa apparently you got to be between 65-100 kgs

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
why dont you just defect to some foreign country like north korea after you learn all the skills if you dont like the long contract? :p

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I'm joining the Reserves. They money and the experience convinced me to join. I want 2000$ in my account for next year so I don't have to work for a while. The entry requirements are easy to pass as well- 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and a beep test. I hope it's fun, I'm going to the office on the 15 September. Hope I can make a good impression.

My plan is to do all the time during the holidays so I don't miss any school.

Thornydevil, join with me. Lots of people tell you how dangerous it is because of the danger of being sent to fight, but I think it will be a long time before Australia ever send the reserves into combat.

Ring up them up and they'll send you out an a letter with the time and date of your interview. Only in the letter, the don't say 'interview'. They say 'briefing'.

Woohoo! I'm gonna be a soldier!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
I'm joining the Reserves. They money and the experience convinced me to join. I want 2000$ in my account for next year so I don't have to work for a while. The entry requirements are easy to pass as well- 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and a beep test. I hope it's fun, I'm going to the office on the 15 September. Hope I can make a good impression.

My plan is to do all the time during the holidays so I don't miss any school.

Thornydevil, join with me. Lots of people tell you how dangerous it is because of the danger of being sent to fight, but I think it will be a long time before Australia ever send the reserves into combat.

Ring up them up and they'll send you out an a letter with the time and date of your interview. Only in the letter, the don't say 'interview'. They say 'briefing'.

Woohoo! I'm gonna be a soldier!
I want to...but I can't...AARRGGHH!!! I can do 45 sit-ups and 7.5 on the beep test...but when it comes to push-ups I just can't do it. Talk about pissed off. I'm gonna try to get in when I go to uni...good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)