Arithmetic progression (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hscishard

HSC
Ok, I can't work this out:

It's the 1st of april. There's a guy that posts an envelope today. He posted another envelope the day after and this continues until the 17th of december. The guy notices that the hour after posting an envelope, it suddenly goes missing. How many envelopes will be missing in total by the 17th of dec?

I don't get why the posts can just go missing. Who keeps deleting the threads that I post on?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Any post which contains offensive comments especially directed at other members will be edited or deleted completely. One of the recent threads here had gotten so bad that it was decided that it had to be deleted entirely. In the event that an inappropriate post is seen, please report it to the relevant moderators and appropriate action will be taken.

It is advisable to ignore them in the meantime and not to respond to them (especially do not reply with offensive comments back) otherwise this may escalate the situation, which is the last thing we need.

xV1P3R

HSC
I'm not sure I quite understand the question?
He posts one envelope a day from 1st april to 17th december and if one goes missing each day, don't they all go missing?

[EDIT: or does he post an EXTRA one to the number he posts the previous day ]

hscishard

HSC
Lol...that question was a set up, and a back up to save this thread from being deleted

And yes, you are right. Every time he posts an envelope, it goes missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)