Aria's 2003 (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Originally posted by Foong
all the awards go to the "popular" artist who are in the pop culture dedicated to the majority. Mind giving awards to REALLY TALENTED artists that don't get so much recognition in the pop culture?
Usually i agree, most 'pop-stars' can sing a bit, but that's all, they're usually just up there because they look good. Delta, however, has alot of talent; she sings very well, writes all her own music and plays the piano well too. She deserved every award she got (and more).

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
HAHAHAHAHA If that is the extent of our talent then no wonder she won everything.
Nah, I was simply referring to solo female artists who could have given her some competition for the best female vocal. Naturally, when you add Powderfinger and the Androids to the equation, it does suck for them not to get recognised more.
But Powderfinger deserved the best album award IMO - their music adds a bit more "spice" than Delta's.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Mordenkainen
But I agree also with what you're saying about other talented, yet unrecognised, in terms of winning Arias, singers out there such as Amiel and Bec Cartwright etc.
Bec Cartwright? A singer? I guess that's an interesting interpretation of what she does...

I think Delta is pretty damn talented... when you think of all the top aussie singles in the past year Delta's are the first to spring to mind... the cancer may have been a factor in her gaining sympathy, but I actually think she deserved the awards anyway.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ice03
it was bullshit..... a shitty host (andrew denton should have been host)
delta this, delta that, boo freaking hoo, she has cancer, lets give her every award we can. Best video?!? wtf?!? NONE of the five videos in that category deserved best video! and 3 of them were delta videos! i could pull a better music video out of my ass!
as for best comedy release, tripod or dave hughes were easily more deservant that merrick and bloody rosso.
well, i suppose when it comes down to it, the arias are awarded based on popularity, not raw talent. shame that.
Spot on champ, my thoughts about that hack Delta Goodrem exactly. What a bunch of mediocre tripe the Aria's were anway, it was an awards ceremony for the crap they play on commercial radio. Her video clips are all the same and shithouse. She just sits at a piano and sings something which is the same as the last song she sung.
However i do like Merrick and Rosso ( I don't listen to them, I just watch their show and remember them from their days on jjj) but i'v heard all the stuff Tripod did and its pretty good.

Would have like to see Gerling win something.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Fry
yeah arias is just the same every year..pure crap

only thing worth watching for was hilary duff and last year, kelly osbourne
And oh my god did i mention Hilary Duff. That was my actual highlight, how friggen hot is she.

guy

HSC
fuck the americans they are always shit and fucking gay
hilary duff is hot but a stupid cunt at the same time

haha

how stupid is the most sold award
thats not an award, its a fucking statistic

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by guy
fuck the americans they are always shit and fucking gay
hilary duff is hot but a stupid cunt at the same time

haha

how stupid is the most sold award
thats not an award, its a fucking statistic
people can be awarded for statistics.
i don't see whats whats whong with that.

guy

HSC
i said its stupid!
and whong isn't a word apparently

N

ND

Originally posted by Buggdogg
Spot on champ, my thoughts about that hack Delta Goodrem exactly. What a bunch of mediocre tripe the Aria's were anway, it was an awards ceremony for the crap they play on commercial radio. Her video clips are all the same and shithouse. She just sits at a piano and sings something which is the same as the last song she sung.
She can hardly be blamed for her videos, it's not like she conceptualised them. How does her music all sound the same?? Are you sure you just haven't heard the same song again and again? (i wouldn't be surprised, considering how much she gets played) She uses different keys and different tempos, sure she does use alot of minor chords, but who doesn't? (apart from jazz players)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Foong
I think its pretty stupid that delta can get multiple nominations for the same category.
but if she had 3 of the highest selling singles of the year, they couldn't just give one nomination
delta IS talented
Originally posted by Aaron1911
I think that one person winning so many awards hurts the integrity of the Arias. It's nothing but a bloody popularity contest. Sif I care if Delta Goodfornuthin' has cancer - does it make her music any better?. How about we declare her as a national hero?Lame.
it has nothing to do with that, she's talented and so why shouldn't she win?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
but if she had 3 of the highest selling singles of the year, they couldn't just give one nomination
delta IS talented
lol, but the mulitiple nominations were from the statistics

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
lol, but the mulitiple nominations were from the statistics
that means your agreeing with me?

Originally posted by ND
Usually i agree, most 'pop-stars' can sing a bit, but that's all, they're usually just up there because they look good. Delta, however, has alot of talent; she sings very well, writes all her own music and plays the piano well too. She deserved every award she got (and more).
i totally agree
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Bec Cartwright? A singer? I guess that's an interesting interpretation of what she does...
haha

nerdd

Originally posted by Mordenkainen
But I agree also with what you're saying about other talented, yet unrecognised, in terms of winning Arias, singers out there such as Amiel and Bec Cartwright etc.
bec cartwright? you cannot be serious!
she's almost as bad as holly valance.. at least delta REALLY sings.
but i do agree, it seemed too much of sympathy awards.. but she DOES and CAN sing. so at least she gets credit for that.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think anyone who bags Delta is suffering from a bad case of sour grapes. Yes-she is overrated. Yes-she didnt deserve every single awayd she was given (such as best video-why?) And personally, I am not a fan of her actual music.
However- for a female pop-sensation, I hold plenty of respect for her. She doesnt dress up and dance around like a whore (ala Christina Aguilera), she doesnt try to promote herself via an over-the-top, fabricated image (ala Avril Lavinge) she can actually play an instrument at a level of competence, and she does have a good voice. She always acts graciously in interviews, and she doesnt milk her illness for every cent its worth (although others are certainly happy to do that for her.) How many other pop stars could claim this? Good luck to her.

However, the Arias are a complete crock of shit, and do not reward talent. The awards are decided by a panel who decide based on safe expectations. And the whole concept is just stupid anyway...like "Best album"-who can say?

HSC
even though i like delta and i think she's a very talented singer, i also thought that the ARIA awards night is toooo biased on her especially when darren hayes sang one of her songs(has it even happened before? nooooo), rove interviews her for a longer period than any other AUSSIE artist there(it would have been ten secs) and that he mentioned delta in his speeches one too many times! it should have given a fair go on other singers like powderfinger. i wonder how all the other singers react whenever they hear delta's name for an award she won that night!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
even though i like delta and i think she's a very talented singer, i also thought that the ARIA awards night is toooo biased on her especially when darren hayes sang one of her songs(has it even happened before? nooooo), rove interviews her for a longer period than any other AUSSIE artist there(it would have been ten secs) and that he mentioned delta in his speeches one too many times! it should have given a fair go on other singers like powderfinger. i wonder how all the other singers react whenever they hear delta's name for an award she won that night!
All very true. (although the only reason the annoying guy from Savage Garden sang her song was because she couldn't, and all the bands nominated for best album were meant to perform.)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Australia's entertainment industry is so poor, it is just not funny. It is that poor that they even have to play American songs (50 Cent ["In Da Club"] was one that I heard and American presenters) at the ARIAs. I am really starting to like Hilary Duff by the way:shy:. I am also getting so sick of all the attention Delta Goodrem is getting, give some other people a chance:rolleyes:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)