Arghhh!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Just my little rant... Why do all of these threads turn into something where everyone says exactly the same thing? i.e. "as long as the love is there all will prevail" or something similar? Does every single person need to say that?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way, and I'll retract this if no-one does, but seriously.. It gets boring reading through 20+ pages of "you're not fat" and "tell him how (you) feel". I'm not trying to persuade you to with-hold your opinion and valuable advise, but it doesn't need to be said 500 times.

If someone has said something, and you agree with them, but you still feel the need to voice your opinion, can't you just state that you agree instead of these pointless posts that enforce a mob-like mentality in the mind of a person who might be facing some of the toughest problems in their life?

As for those threads they do contribute with a bit of variety, good stuff, keep it up.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here either, so don't start on the whole "holier than thou" crap which I'm sure will happen anyway.

Cheers.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it's fine that people say the same things. it shows others agree. you said why don't they all just say they agree with someone - because it's good to get the same thing worded in different ways, to get the point across more clearly. yeah it's boring reading through all the pages so why do you do it? the advice is for the original person, i cbf to read every page unless it's interesting.

HSC
I guess the reason people explain what they think, even if someone else has pretty much said it all, is just to demonstrate that they've actually given the issue some thought, and aren't just agreeing with someone else for the sake of it.

At the same time, I think it also helps for people to word things their own way, and think this probably comes across as more supportive than one person saying something and a horde of others going 'yeah, same'.

True though, you make a valid point, some threads do get remarkably long, so I normally just read the first few pages, and last one and take it from there. If it's too much of a monster for that I just skip it :) I guess for the most part the bulk of the posts are probably much more interesting for the person asking the question than they are for the average observer (depending on what it's about, of course) :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Someones not getting enough sex...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
n!, where n is the number of words.

For example, you're first sentence has 9 words, therefore can be worded 362880 ways.

Jezzabelle

All these people asking for advice in the Love & Relationship section isnt pathetic, its people responding to what the thread was designed for... WHATS PATHETIC deary... is making a thread about people doing what they are supposed to and having a whinge...

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
As far as I can remember, I didn't say anything was pathetic. You are a fuck wit. That is all.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Jake_434 said:
Just my little rant... Why do all of these threads turn into something where everyone says exactly the same thing? i.e. "as long as the love is there all will prevail" or something similar? Does every single person need to say that?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way, and I'll retract this if no-one does, but seriously.. It gets boring reading through 20+ pages of "you're not fat" and "tell him how (you) feel". I'm not trying to persuade you to with-hold your opinion and valuable advise, but it doesn't need to be said 500 times.

If someone has said something, and you agree with them, but you still feel the need to voice your opinion, can't you just state that you agree instead of these pointless posts that enforce a mob-like mentality in the mind of a person who might be facing some of the toughest problems in their life?

As for those threads they do contribute with a bit of variety, good stuff, keep it up.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here either, so don't start on the whole "holier than thou" crap which I'm sure will happen anyway.

Cheers.
as the great pookie once said to me...
YOU WIN THE PROCRASTINATION AWARD!!!
fuck go and whinge somewhere else
you are the only fuckwit here and THAT is all

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
And I hear you really like the cock. Go back and read my post fucker.... I don't want to start a fight but I will resort to petty name callings if I have to. Cheers

KfWang

last time i checked this place was for "love"...
but yuh there is a subtle point there, not the whole fuckwit thing, that was just plain uncalled for. So many people say the same thing here.. so what? If your going to be going through the "Love and Relationship" area then expect a lot of mussy, cliched lines so just think of it as another on of those crappy American chick flicks.. if you get too bored, then just walk out or go to sleep

my 5 cents (as 2 cents are no longer in circulation)

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
KfWang said:
last time i checked this place was for "love"...
but yuh there is a subtle point there, not the whole fuckwit thing, that was just plain uncalled for. So many people say the same thing here.. so what? If your going to be going through the "Love and Relationship" area then expect a lot of mussy, cliched lines so just think of it as another on of those crappy American chick flicks.. if you get too bored, then just walk out or go to sleep

my 5 cents (as 2 cents are no longer in circulation)
Good points. Thankyou for contributing to my thread in a positive way.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well what is expected is that with the posts that have already been posted, people normally add on to the original posts previously mentioned to them.

this is in order to produce a more thorough thought advice of everyone combined in the thread, therefore giving you the best possible solution to your complication. you get my drift?

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
well what is expected is that with the posts that have already been posted, people normally add on to the original posts previously mentioned to them.

this is in order to produce a more thorough thought advice of everyone combined in the thread, therefore giving you the best possible solution to your complication. you get my drift?
New rule... Read the original message before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)