• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ARGHHH sources!!! (1 Viewer)

kirabolton

HSC
ARGHHHH...i have an assessment due on monday. different topics of -

peace movements
total war
changing attitudes
women
properganda

and i can't find sources!!! ARGGHH

elif

Souces as in old photos and newspaper articles, or as in general information??

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I've got a some books that look at studying WWI through sources but dont think my computer can handel adding attachments to a post atm.

I'll type up some of the smaller quotes but for the pictures i'll give u the title and author and so forth and u should be able to put them into a search engine and find it

and i have some book titles that might also be helpful...
a really good one to get is called World War 1 and its aftermath by Alf Pickard (Phoneix Education Pty Ltd, 2002) ITs a senior History modern core guide - its excelent - some of the sources mentioned are in it

total war
*Cartoon: High Explosive Shells - The New Cabinet arrives in teh Treasury Trench (The Bystander, 2 June 1915)

*"...this is a war of hte whole people. We are willing and ready to lay aside our usual occupations and offer our property and ourselves...Take us and use us as you think fit" - H.G.Wells Mr Britling Sees it Through 1916 (it was a fictional workDe based on british policy in ww1)

women

*Arthur Marwick, WOmen at War 1914-1918
*Gail Braybon, WOmen Workers in teh First World War
*Deborah Thom, Ne Girls and Rude Girls
*Ian Beckett, THe Great War 1914-1918

Source - extract British newspaper The Argus, July 1915
Fifty htousand women, including many in society, marched through London on Saturday demanding the right to serve teh state by making munitions.

The procession was a mile long and was divided into 125 sections, each headed by a banner. AMong the inscriptions were:
Men must fight - WOmen must work
WE are not Slackers!
We want tot save the country and keep the Kasier out!
We demand war service for all!

* Punch cartoon - THe War Workers - August 23, 1916

properganda

*Cartoon; 'THe Gentel German' - British Hate propoganada (edmun j. sullivan, The Kaiser's Garden, WIlliam Heinemann, London 1915)

*the German film With OUr Soliders on teh SOmme (Jan 1917)

Books - H. Lasswell, Propoganda and the Great War 1927, reprinted 1971

if u want some websites to check out have a look at the Internet modern history source book http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/modsbook38.html
excelent website for sources for any modern topic

you can also have a look at the history teachers assocation page - they have some teaching resources (dont knwo what they r like though) http://www.htansw.asn.au/

have a look at the CSU modern ww1 section - im sure they have some sources on there http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/

have a good look on ur search engines - there are a heap of propoganda posters on teh net - thousands so u should be able to find something like that - just check ur keywords that u type in - for example u probably wont find anything if u write chanigng attitdues but if u looked up say the Christmas truce of 1914 then u could contrast a source on that with a latter opinion of the war.

Hope all that is usefull for u
Mel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)