ARGH ... what should I do?! (1 Viewer)

Insanity

HSC
Need your opinion / help!

I got a UAI of 93.25 and my first preference is doing Comm/Arts @ UNSW. Since that requires a 95 ... and the chances of it going down to 93 are extremely slim, I'm thinking about changing my preferences to putting Comm/Arts @ USYD first or 2nd.

HOWEVER.

Many people have said to me that the Faculty of Commerce @ USYD is terrible and that there are heaps of Comm students transffering to UTS. Is that true? They've also told me that I'd be better off doing a Business degree at UTS over doing Comm @ USYD, but I dunno ...

Many have also said to do Economics/Art @ UNSW 1st year and transfer to Comm/Arts the 2nd year ... however I've heard that for transferring that you need at least a high credit average and the no. of places available for transfer are extremely limited? Can anybody who's transferred please reply?

So ... I guess my question to you would be:
1) Do you think I should go Comm/Arts USYD or do Eco/Arts UNSW and transfer?
2) Is UTS actually better than Usyd?
3) Is transferring hard?

If anybody could direct me somewhere or give me some facts .. or really anything, I'd appreciate it - thanks in advance.

Left-ism

HSC
lol who told u usyd comm faculty is terrible? some say its too hard, but terrible i havent heard before.
i dont know anyone who would consider transferring to UTS (from usyd eheh)
i recommend usyd commerce, but if youre gonna do accounting than UTS is prolly as good. econ and finc, sydney is definately better and prolly the same as UNSW. UNSW is definately best for accounting.

Therefore, consider your majors and know that the difference between USYD AND UNSW is very small and your marks will be a more important difference when going for a job.

sarevok

HSC
USYD and UNSW are commonly regarded to be the two best unis for commerce; so I don't know who told you USYD commerce is 'terrible'; obviously they had no understanding of what they were saying.
You might also like to consider that USYD has a better faculty of Arts than does UNSW. I would say the difference in quality between USYD's and UNSW's Arts faculties is greater than that between their commerce faculties.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
sarevok said:
You might also like to consider that USYD has a better faculty of Arts than does UNSW. I would say the difference in quality between USYD's and UNSW's Arts faculties is greater than that between their commerce faculties.
I'm a proud future UNSWer (i hope) but i'd have to agree with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)