Area of Study Exam Section II (1 Viewer)

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
In every section of an English exam, the marks given to a certain response varies depending on the person who marked the paper. For Section II of the Area of Study exam, exactly how much of an impact can subjective factors, such as how much the marker liked or personally enjoyed the story that was written have on the marks given to the story? In other words, how many marks can possibly be lost or gained based on how much the marker personally liked or enjoyed the story that was written?

SaschaJ

HSC
Yeah sorry I can't answer your question as such but I can fill you in on the fact that my teacher personally marks the section where you write about the text you've studied in class and bring in your other texts, i think its section three? ha and she's like the most bias person I have ever met. Let's just say if you were to write about say Twilight as one of your outside texts (not that you would because its not a good text), she would probs fail you no matter how amazing your analysis was because she has a personal vendetta against the novel. and she has more about other texts....
thank god she can't mark my paper.

but yeh basically with the hsc, you gotta get lucky with your marker..

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah sorry I can't answer your question as such but I can fill you in on the fact that my teacher personally marks the section where you write about the text you've studied in class and bring in your other texts, i think its section three? ha and she's like the most bias person I have ever met. Let's just say if you were to write about say Twilight as one of your outside texts (not that you would because its not a good text), she would probs fail you no matter how amazing your analysis was because she has a personal vendetta against the novel. and she has more about other texts....

even if that was the case, im pretty sure another person marks the paper to ensure the mark given is fair and is clear of bias.

LordPc

HSC

I wouldnt agree with this at all.

I would say the most that markers could affect your overall mark would be maybe 1, at the absolute most, 2 marks.

the HSC is double marked so if one marker gives you a poor mark, then the next would off set that with a proper mark. If the difference is large, like 6 marks or so, a head marker is called in I believe to mark it themself.

the hsc is pretty fair, you get what you deserve. Only way to really stuff up the hsc is to answer essay questions that are about texts you didnt study by accident

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that only applies to the external HSC exams, not school assessments.

for school assessments, what I said does not happen but as the above poster has said, for the HSC you have your work marked twice and then another teacher marks it again if there are major discrepancies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)