Area of Study: Belonging (1 Viewer)

blueberrynibbles12

HSC
Hey guys I've a poetry text, Immigrant Chronicles by Peter Skrzynecki for this section and I'm trying to use this poem http://www.victorianweb.org/previctorian/ww/music.html or The Power of Music by Wordsworth as a related text, but I am struggling to find similarities between both texts in terms of the element of belonging, as they are totally different. Skrzynecki's poetry talks about NOT belonging, where as the Power of Music talks about uniting people. Poems I am doing from Immigrant Chronicles are:

Feliks Skrzynecki
St Patrick's College
10 Mary Street.

Please help!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Why are you doing three poems?

Remember, that you are required to explore the whole text "Immigrant Chronicle" thoroughly, but this does not mean, "the more the better". Shorten it to two poems and substantiate your analysis, rather than having three 'almost-detailed' poems.

As for your ORT, it should be complementary to your text. I'll give you some ORT ideas:

Freedom Writers by Richard LaGravenese
Big World by Tim Winton

Also, ensure that you're deriving the meanings of belonging from the text, not your ideas of belonging manipulated to fit the text.

juszt1n

HSC
its better to have more than 2, some of my mates have 4. This is because the question may ask belonging to a place, which means that you cannot use feliks because it doesnt relate to the question.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
its better to have more than 2, some of my mates have 4. This is because the question may ask belonging to a place, which means that you cannot use feliks because it doesnt relate to the question.
yes you can

feliks, the father, belongs to the place of his garden (although you could argue that it's to foster a cultural affiliation, it's still belonging to place)

peter unable to form a strongly desired cultural connection, instead connects to societal constructs which his father denies

Still have a thorough understanding of the others, to apply them if necessary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)