• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you okay with public displays of affection? (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha you people are wierd

i like it, adds a bit of excitement to my otherwise dull life, if the girl is hot an they are doing more than kissing i dont mind having a bit of a perve, its funny and if they dont like watchers they can go elsewhere, iam not going to look out the window just cause they r making a scene

HSC
N/A
No. It is embarassing and awkward for the people around you.

Public displays of affection are mostly for attention seekers...

The end

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
how is it embarassing? u arent the centre of attention, sit back and enjoy the show!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i dont really like watching tonsil hockey and obsessive groping on public transport (regardless of whether or not you know them). pecks, holding hands, arms rounds eachother while walking, hands in partner's back pockets, etc are fine..cute lil couples :)

as for me, i like the above little public displays and the odd kiss (more of a pash than a peck), but if my bf were to be pashing and/or groping me in public for an extended period of time (1 min+) i'd definitely be backing off, no matter how much i loved or liked him..i HATE clingy partners, with a passion!
my current bf learnt with his last relationship the reason why you dont play tonsil hockey with you gf when you're with your mates. now he's kinda shy about public displays..around friends, family and randoms. i'm not that conservative but i still respect his opinions..though there are times when you just really want to pash eachother..the balance is good :D

i've been told to get a room, but only as a joke...i'd rather the rest of the world thought i was a bored n00b than an annoyingly clingy slut.

davin

HSC
N/A
theres a right time and place for everything. "right now" and "in public" are usually not it

litany

Helpfool
HSC
jezzmo said:
I have got no problem with any sexual act in public. That said, if you feel uncomfortable, it is only fair to follow this protocol:

Watch and stare. Make comments to yourself or to your friend about what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Make sure they can hear you. If you have a camera, use it. If there's a window between you and them, tap on it. If you have food, try and throw little scraps to them. If you are really keen, try and smell their hair and moan like you've just got your tax return.

Awkwardness is a double-sided coin. Because...well what the fuck is a one-sided coin?
A parallax error.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i hate it when people start making out at check-outs... esp when i'm trying to find out whether they want their grocery on cheque or savings....really pisses me off..i mean holding hands is fine...but i'm trying to do my job here!....and the numerous people behind them are giving me looks as they start fidgetted at how long they have been waiting there...so once i just left their transaction and went on to people behind them..till they opened their eyes and noticed yes they were still there...then i asked so was that "cheque or savings",,,,they didn't seem to care what so ever!...and then paid and walked out!...
odd people around!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
jezzmo said:
I have got no problem with any sexual act in public. That said, if you feel uncomfortable, it is only fair to follow this protocol:

Watch and stare. Make comments to yourself or to your friend about what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Make sure they can hear you. If you have a camera, use it. If there's a window between you and them, tap on it. If you have food, try and throw little scraps to them. If you are really keen, try and smell their hair and moan like you've just got your tax return.

Awkwardness is a double-sided coin. Because...well what the fuck is a one-sided coin?
I <3 you jezzmo. I really do.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Cute little acts of affection are cool--pecking, holding hands, arms around shoulders and waists (not bums though--I think that's a bit um), but yeah, fully pashing or anything like that makes me feel uncomfortable. Anything past 'innocently' sitting on the guy's lap is where I draw the line.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what if pants are off and you also happen to be innocently bumping up and down

:)

HSC
people making out in hte middle of the shops or something is really stupid imo, gives me the shits. if its like outside in a corner thats not really that bad, at that case i dont really care

davin

HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:

i'm reminded of seeing this carried out very well.
i was doing a charity thing which meant a lot of people killing time on a sidewalk....and across the street were two people very busy with one another.....about 10 or 15 people were watching them across the street for a while, then they sent one person to go, cross the street, walk up to them, and hand the guy a condom. they looked over across the street, everyone clapped, cheered, etc...those two left

alby

cool duckie
HSC
davin said:
i'm reminded of seeing this carried out very well.
i was doing a charity thing which meant a lot of people killing time on a sidewalk....and across the street were two people very busy with one another.....about 10 or 15 people were watching them across the street for a while, then they sent one person to go, cross the street, walk up to them, and hand the guy a condom. they looked over across the street, everyone clapped, cheered, etc...those two left
this, people, is the EXACT reason why you carry condoms in your wallet. they may be technically dead within the first week of being there, but sif they'll be used! and it makes you so much cooler than just telling them to get a room - everyone'll love you and want to seks you right then and there!
jezzmo said:
:)

you know we could always find a private corner and.... oh what the heck... let's ravage each other sensually all over this thread for all to see.
you always pick THE most appropriate places to do your dirty work jezz!
<3

*essplods in panties*

litany

Helpfool
HSC
In the end it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, cause it's their life and if that's what floats their boats who's to stop them?

Whereby stop i mean stop them without intruding on their rights or breaking any laws.

K

katie_tully

I hug, hold hands with and kiss my boyfriend in public. Not in an offensive way I would think. When we kiss we don't full on pash, we just give each other a kick peck on the lips. When we hug we usually hold each other at the waist, and we hold hands when doing the grocery shopping or if we're just walking down the street.

I have no problem with public affection to an extent. There is such a thing as tact though.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I personally don't care if people are fully making out in public. Although it would get rather uncomfortable if I was sitting next to a couple on a train and they were fully going for it... But apart from that, all cool with me.
I think someone mentioned that its hard for couples to meet up cause of hectic work commitments etc..., well I got the same problem. Its hard for me to see my boyfriend at uni cause we have different timetable schedules, like I may have a free and he has a class and vise versa, so annoying! Its great when we can meet up sometimes & just have a good pashing session on one of the lawns. mmmm :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I have no objection to abit of kissing and physical contact eg holding hands, cuddling etc in public however i feel it becomes rude when you are progressing from being physically intimate to engaging in foreplay.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
alby said:
what if it's on overly clingy/horny partner and one more modest partner?
I would question why they are still with eachother, seeing as they've got such conflicting views and evidently havent been able to reach a compromise? ;P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)