Are you honest if you are given marks you dont deserve (1 Viewer)

If you are given marks you dont deserve, would you/have you told the teacher?

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
veloc1ty said:
Yeah well I don't see a few marks making a difference anyway, so I'd prefer to be honest about it.
Few marks is all there is to make a difference.

-tal-

HSC
Didn't tell the teacher. The 2 extra marks turned my 8% margin into a 10% one in maths.

Generally wouldn't tell. It's those little marks that make all the difference.

Beckerella

HSC
I think the only time this happened to me I was in Year 8 and me being the wicked hardcore badass wild child that I am told the teacher, she couldn't be bothered to adjust the marks though. Oh the lost innocence, how I almost sort of miss it.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Thats rubbish saying that whatever the teacher gives you is what you deserve. If they made a mistake then you dont deserve it. Taking the marks is easy, but you wouldnt want one of your classmates to do it if it cost you a rank yeah? So why do it to them?

62anoiF

HSC
I have told the teacher before but now that I'm in year 12 I don't tell the teacher because marks mean more than just a number now.

henry08

HSC
N/A
In previous years I'd tell the teacher she/he was wrong, as 1/2 marks didn't really matetr then. However, in the HSC year I would not. If they can't count/mark correctly, it is not my problem.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
This has only happened to me once. I didn't tell the teacher though, and this was this year....year 12. lol

I was only given an extra mark than what I really should of gotten.

HSC
Yes, I told 2 teachers from 2 different subjects that they added me 1 too many in the trial exam..

dont know what good it did and dont know why i did it. i guess i thought that 1 mark less didnt make much of a difference and kept me honest.

im such a loser

Affinity

HSC
Don't tell and don't complain about low marks.. works out on average

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
yes i was in this position in my half-yearlies for music theory... i lost about 8 marks in total which saw my percentage drop from 82.5% to 60% :(

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
poisonives said:
yes i was in this position in my half-yearlies for music theory... i lost about 8 marks in total which saw my percentage drop from 82.5% to 60% :(
damn

jennieTalia

HSC
If it is an essay or something it's harder to tell whether you should have been awarded the marks or not.
If it was multiple choice or something I would defo tell them, particularly because we go over it rigorously and it could potentially get you into a lot of trouble!

However, despite saying that (and not having any marking issues in year 12, although some in previous years that I brought up) if the marks were the disparity between a rank or between a report grade... I don't know if I would have the moral fibre to tell them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)