Are you dropping down to 10 units for the HSC, or are you doing more? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeltatelucas

HSC
Are you dropping down to 10 units for the HSC, or are you doing more??? i.e. How many units are you doing?

Hila

HSC
I'm doing 15... But I'm dropping something next term.
I know heaps of people that are doing 10 though, so that they have enough time to focus on all their subjects.
And I also know many people whom are doing 12 units, to have a sort of 'backup', if they screw up.

Focus is Key

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 and probably will keep that up until the end of the HSC year. The only thing I may drop is Extension Maths if I'm not coping.

WeaselPowa

HSC
I'm currently doing 12 units and fully intend to drop Enginnering Studies. However, our principle is deliberately making it difficult for us to drop from 12 to 10...

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I'm pretty much in the same boat as WeaselPowa. I want to drop Engineering Studies so I go down to 10 units, but have to wait for results from first MX2 task (at the end of the term).

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sticking with 12 units for Year 12, only because I can't drop English. But our school is very reluctant to let anyone go down to ten units because they say it'll be harder.

I am the Law

HSC
13 Units only because I do Ext. History and 2 unit SOR, rather than 1unit SOR....

Its alot of work!!

DeeDazza

HSC
I did 10 units, only because I had to drop Photography - a non-atar subject - and I hated Business Studies, so I dropped it.

deswa

HSC
Personally, I did 12 units and I don't regret it one bit because I still don't know what'll count out of physics and chemistry. If you're doing 12 though, you have to make sure your backup unit is actually a backup- like I was equal ranked in phys and chem. If you are top five in 10 units and 100th in your 12th unit, that's a crap backup imo and you might as well drop.

Most of my friends did 10 units and they said they don't regret it one bit either so this whole 10 vs. 12 thing is a very personal decision.

Rawf

HSC
I was originally thinking of sticking with my 13 units in year 12 so I would be 'safe'. Until I got so sick of having no extra time to do things or have time for rest. I was never bad at biology, I was ranked like 13/105 students or something like that.. but I found it boring AF, I swear.. like every lesson I would be on the table sleeping or so tired, and the period afterwards (not bio) I would be completely fine.
So after half yearlies (I know, i kept it for so long lmao and I dropped before the interesting part - the human body), I decided to drop biology. However, I found that I didn't have more time to 'study', nor a less work load because I never had homework for biology. Rather, I had more time for myself, to hang with my friends and have fun lolol - most free periods were unproductive for me, I usually go to the shops or just chat to my friends but it's a good way to get away from all the work. Even if you tried doing work at my school, you won't be able to concentrate due to the noise in both the library and the senior study (not to mention stink).
I don't really regret dropping bio at all. I'm rather fine with my 11 units - this is more safe than 10 though. But at the end of the day, it doesn't come down to whether you think its 'safer' to keep something, rather, it's what you enjoy doing and that'll affect your overall mood in school. Most of my friends are doing 10 units, I had a friend on 15 but she dropped down to 11 nearing the end of year 12 haha. I heard in schools like sydney girls they encourage you to do 10 units or something... not sure if it's true though.

omgiloverice

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 units, but i want drop engineering studies, because the assignments take so long the complete.....

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I did 12 units for the HSC and it was fine. I preferred having a back up subject for my atar but its up to the individual person how much workload they want to take on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)