Are you ALLOWED to skip lectures? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no, you can skip lectures, or rock up late, or leave halfway thru, no one cares.

tutes usually require your attendance. Only some dont, and the ones that do, they either have marks for class attendance and/or participation, or you need to attend at least 80% or you'll get a fail in the course, and this also determines if when you ask a lecturer for help after class hours, whether they wanna help you or not (if you havnt attended the tutes then they wont give you any face2face time after class hours).

Linear

HSC
Actually, a few lecturers might say something about you entering late or leaving early... But I'd say this is only a rare thing.

HSC
i've had a subject where attendance was taken at lectures, though i still stand by the thought it was merely scare tactic and nonentheless it's was a very very exclusive case

dawdlex3

HSC
i've had a subject where attendance was taken at lectures, though i still stand by the thought it was merely scare tactic and nonentheless it's was a very very exclusive case
Same case for me. More than half of the people still didn't bother turning up even with attendance-taking. Don't think they intentionally failed anyone on that account.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
For those budding lawyers at UNSW this year, Law lectures require 80% attendance. However skip seminars (we call them this instead of lectures) at your own risk as your impression on the lecturer will be tarnished and your class participation marks will be affected due to the small class sizes in first year.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
Engineering tutorials can be skipped at any time but sometimes tests are held in them.
Some of them don't give a shit when you walk out.
You get no bonus marks for tutorial attendance but you should attend just in case you want to get a Pass Conceded instead of Fail.

Just wondering - I've heard yes. That it's tutorials that are compulsory....

Right?
You are majoring in linguistics which I did until I realised how horrible and conceited some Arts students were as mentioned by talkid34 also.
Tutorial attendance makes up 10% of your final grade.

rx34

HSC
For those budding lawyers at UNSW this year, Law lectures require 80% attendance. However skip seminars (we call them this instead of lectures) at your own risk as your impression on the lecturer will be tarnished and your class participation marks will be affected due to the small class sizes in first year.
Hey there, does USyd has a min 80% attendance for its law lectures? Any idea :)
Not that I will miss any.

rx34

HSC
Meh the usyd forum is so dead compared to the lively unsw one.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey there, does USyd has a min 80% attendance for its law lectures? Any idea :)
Not that I will miss any.
Hey there rx34, I just asked a friend of mine who goes to USYD and does Commerce/Law. He told me that "it is possible to get below 50% for the attendance/participation mark", so I guess it's not as strict as UNSW :p

Lucky you XDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)