Are tutes a waste of time? (1 Viewer)

janadc

HSC
yea i agree... its only good when you've got a tutor who knows their shit and is able to joke around a bit as well, but thats a very rare occurence.

macca1819

HSC
yea i agree... its only good when you've got a tutor who knows their shit and is able to joke around a bit as well, but thats a very rare occurence.
SO true jana. My tuteS for 3/4 subjects just stand there and say (I praphrase) "So this happened in the reading, what do you think?" I'm like, "I could be at home watching Deal or No Deal" instead of WASTING my time here.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why bother posting on this account? Go post on your normal account thommy

iwannarock

HSC
i only go to tutes because of the 80% requirement.

i stopped bringing books or paper or anything a few years ago.

Odyssey2001

HSC
I think it really depends on the subject and / or the tutor you get. I think math tutorials are great (again only if you get a good tutor which I either do or when I don't I change if I can) because they go through stuff thats usually on exams / tests. For me physic's tutorials are kinda useless unless you bring specific questions because usually the questions are straight from the text book. (Boring! Give us some types that actually appear like they do in exams / tests)

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Why bother posting on this account? Go post on your normal account thommy
Wow, it's her? I thought they were both bloody annoying and illogical, haha.

You get out of tutes what you put into them anyway. It's not really learning, more consolidating.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
You get out of tutes what you put into them anyway. It's not really learning, more consolidating.
:) Yes.
Even at good ole UWS tutes can be good, as long as you're willing to put the effort in to learn from them.
Having fantastic tutors does help, though.

spence

HSC
Arts tutes are usually pretty useful. Business tutes are generally useless in my experience

Poad

HSC
I was waiting for someone to call him out on that. :rofl:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I don't have tutes anymore, just seminars or pracs. As has been said they are more for consolidation than anything. Just finish your required readings etc and they will be of some benefit. The tute should be viewed as a complementary tool.

macca1819

HSC
I don't have tutes anymore, just seminars or pracs. As has been said they are more for consolidation than anything. Just finish your required readings etc and they will be of some benefit. The tute should be viewed as a complementary tool.
What's a seminar?

Last edited:

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
stat170 tutes r a waste of time, especially the ones at 10am on thursday..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)