Are the naplan results a reliable indicator of hsc results (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
year 3,7,9 maths triangle thing...i miss the days when maths was logic :(

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I know Year 9 NAPLAN is irrelevant - but that's quite the feat. :p

To get the 'triangle' in every single section.
LOL I know right, in NAPLAN, you are either the Band 6 kid. Or the Band 6 in the triangle kid LOL.

I still think NAPLAN is A LOT easier than HSC. I think NAPLAN in general is a lot easier than in-school exams.

Anyhoo. That being said. Even though I got great NAPLAN results, I know I am definitely not a 99.95 ATAR student, unless I put the effort in, meaning there are a lot of influencing factors, maybe the top NAPLAN kids started having a ego and stopped working, or the Year 9 kids was disappointed with their low NAPLAN scores and from then on, they worked themselves hard, alright OP :)?

Last edited:

MilkyCat_

HSC
LOL I know right, in NAPLAN, you are either the Band 6 kid. Or the Band 6 in the triangle kid LOL.

I still think NAPLAN is A LOT easier than HSC. I think NAPLAN in general is a lot easier than in-school exams.

Anyhoo. That being said. Even though I got great NAPLAN results, I know I am definitely not a 99.95 ATAR student, unless I put the effort in, meaning there are a lot of influencing factors, maybe the top NAPLAN kids started having a ego and stopped working, or the Year 9 kids was disappointed with their low NAPLAN scores and from then on, they worked themselves hard, alright OP :)?
Are u sure about this????

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Are u sure about this????
Yeah I really do think NAPLAN is a lot easier than HSC. Its not a clear indicator. The age you were in Year 9, and in Year 12 opens to many changes.

And I'm doing Accelerated Business, so I do have an earlier taste of the HSC, and it requires a lot of studying IMO. I didn't study for NAPLAN, ever, never prepared and it was an easy Band 6 for every subject/topic.

Also, doesn't NAPLAN test "basic skills" from Excel books, like spelling. LOL

Simplyy

HSC
That one year when all of the NAPLAN results were misaligned and Maths skyrocketed... (I don't think that it really corresponds to the HSC cause no one really put any work into it, it was like a walk in and walk out exam)

Simplyy

HSC
Well, I guess I was doing it wrong. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)