Are stopwatches allowed in an exam? (1 Viewer)

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
I am too used to using a stopwatch to quickly analyse how much time left, and i'm afraid I may have my test cancelled because I bring a stopwatch into the room. Are they allowed?

huwscor

HSC
Yeah, should be. I have used mine for Geography, Maths and PDH last year and both English Papers this year so far and the supervisors didnt care. I thought i would be in trouble coz the rules say "no programmable watch" but ive been allowed to use mine(mines digital too). Enjoy! Are you actually using a stopwatch or a normal watch with a stopwatch option?

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Yeah, common sense said that 'You should be able to bring it in"However, I looked at the general rules in that blue booklet everyone gets, and it clearly said "Nothing else can be brought into the examination room besides *", and stopwatches were not part of *.

sickk

HSC
or you could use the big ass clock on the wall but whatever

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I just use a clock... I'm not worried about time really. I've got it down to a really good speed and have anywhere from 80-50 minutes left over depending on the difficulty of the exam

Nª!j∂♫

HSC
i think that you're probably not supposed to,
but it's VERY annoying to have things beeping in your exam...
i have this one kid in my grade who has a watch that he sets with a stopwatch function.
i've been glaring at all the supervisors- everyone has to take their watches off, in case of an imbedded communications device or A PROGRAMMING FUNCTION..
but of course, they never seem to notice it.
bastards.
:p

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
I just use a clock... I'm not worried about time really. I've got it down to a really good speed and have anywhere from 80-50 minutes left over depending on the difficulty of the exam
wtf. 80-50 mins left over? you're not normal :(

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
umm use the clock write down the time in which you have to finish on each section or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)