Are my rankings crap? (1 Viewer)

janetO

HSC
I've been bludging all the way through year 11.. i've done countless assessments on the morning they were due (LOL how friggin horrible)
and I've received my report back.. i know at the rate i'm going.. I probably won't even get a uai any higher than 70, but I was wondering how bad are my current rankings and marks even though my entire grade is pretty lazy as well.

Advanced English - 12/15. Exam mark - 69%
Ancient History - 7/21. Exam mark - 60%
Legal Studies - 7/34. Exam mark - 79%
SOR II - 6/21. Exam mark - 68%

I have no idea what I'm getting in general maths but i'm assuming top 10 out of 34.. and ive picked up extension history with a class of 7.

HSC
School rank?

Year 11 ranks are not definitive indications of UAI, so don't make such judgments about your UAI like that; otherwise, those ranks are not bad, really depends on the school you go to.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
janetO said:
I've been bludging all the way through year 11.. i've done countless assessments on the morning they were due (LOL how friggin horrible)
and I've received my report back.. i know at the rate i'm going.. I probably won't even get a uai any higher than 70, but I was wondering how bad are my current rankings and marks even though my entire grade is pretty lazy as well.

I have no idea what I'm getting in general maths but i'm assuming top 10 out of 34.. and ive picked up extension history with a class of 7.
They are actually pretty poor. However, that is not an indication of your future HSC performance. You just have to improve from that and you will be surprised by the potential difference you can make.

HSC
lyounamu said:
They are actually pretty poor.
Depends on school, Ruse - no; Lurnea - yes.

lyounamu said:
However, that is not an indication of your future HSC performance. You just have to improve from that and you will be surprised by the potential difference you can make.
Yep.

SimonLee13

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Depends on school, Ruse - no; Lurnea - yes.

Yep.
Ruse doesn't offer legal studies - scales too poorly. But I get what you mean, people should post overall school ranks; not just their own ranks.

jordankuai22

HSC
janetO said:

Good luck getting a uai higher than 40.HAHAHAHAHAH

HSC
adidasboy said:
would someone from ruse get 60%? lol
Haha, i'm just saying, neither of the schools would have students getting 60%

SimonLee13 said:
Ruse doesn't offer legal studies - scales too poorly. But I get what you mean, people should post overall school ranks; not just their own ranks.
They offer IPT though, that's pretty crummy.

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
Haha, i'm just saying, neither of the schools would have students getting 60%

They offer IPT though, that's pretty crummy.

Except that most guys who do IPT are accelerated, and do their HSC for it in Year 10.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
at james ruse is there even 1 kid of anglo-saxon descent attending [not including fat ugly nerds]?

i don't mean to offend, just a north coast surfy bonger smart arse kid asking some questions. and hijacking threads.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Zak Ambrose said:
at james ruse is there even 1 kid of anglo-saxon descent attending [not including fat ugly nerds]?

i don't mean to offend, just a north coast surfy bonger smart arse kid asking some questions. and hijacking threads.
Good question... but not really. Do Ruse offer subjects such as Visual Arts, Senior Science, General Maths?

boogerboy999

HSC
N/A
no general maths or standard english or senior science or earth and environmental (watever its called).
But VA yep :)

mrpet3rr

HSC
It's pretty decent. If you think about it you've been bluding throughout the year and gotten those ranks and marks. Imagined if you studied hard throught the whole year what kind of ranks and marks you could of gotten. Just study hard this year and you'll make it.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
janet you loser - don't doubt yourself kiddo. you've got potential.

you're either underestimating yourself, or overestimating the system.

pick up your work, do it daily and you will get the 80+ you want :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
boogerboy999 said:
no general maths or standard english or senior science or earth and environmental (watever its called).
But VA yep :)
For serious? I wanna see some ass-kicking Ruse artwork about HSC angst when I go to art express then...

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
What happens if u go to a school like Ruse and get awesome marks but others in ur grade r awesome also. Say u get 92 average in maths but 6 other people get 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 averages. Then in the year ur rank is 7th even tho u averaged very well. I am ranked 5th in my economics class with an average of 92. How important is ur actual mark rather than rank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)